Mind boggling??????

pulsar kid

Heres one for ya,
my pulsar had tannbe front shocks,standard rear and a unknown set of springs.
It sat like this fronts were very rock hard!

Then i realiesd my front were leaking,so deicded to replace the lot. picked up a set of kyb new sr shocks and a unknown set of purple lowering springs.
I fitted the front and was happy how it sat up front,

Now to the rears it wasnt sitting to bad,so took the standard shocks off and fitted the rear kybs with very short springs the ones it came with but the rear sat about 2inchs higher than the set i took off.I thought strange there at least 2inchs shorter hows this happened, so thought oh'well take them off and fit the old springs to the kyb shocks all ok did everything back up and dropped the jack to find this!!!!!

:faint:
How the hell has this happend what have i done wrong?
springs are sitting in the cups spot on,
Here is the old springs + kybs

Heres the short springs and i belive standard rear shock
i really cant see how this has happend the shocks arnt any longer than the oem ones and if ive fitted the same springs how can it lift it that much higher,

pulsar kid

no havnt got the shocks mixed up,
i am using the oem top cups the rear only dont see that lifting it that high could it?? please say iam wrong lol

P

pulsarboby

the reason why is that those springs pictured have been cut down considerably to lower the car, are they the ones fitted now or the larger set?

also the front looks like its sitting too low which will exagerate the rear height.
also once youve driven the car the ride height will drop on the rear

Last edited by a moderator:

pulsar kid

Yeah i gathered that bob they had been hacked at, but the springs that are on the car in the pic sitting higher are the same as the very top picture. So what would make using the same springs and top cups but just changing the rear standard shocks to the kyb that are the same lenght iam pretty shore on make it sit that high, even with those very short springs it sat higher than before,

P

pulsarboby

well if the rear dampers were leaking you would have no resistance in the strut so the cars weight would be merely riding on spring tension but now youve fitted new dampers this could take the weight off the springs so they are not compressed as much

pulsar kid

Ah right ok, the rear shocks wernt leaking from what i could see but propley are.looks like i have to get another set of springs for the rear now

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
The dampers won't affect your ride height, only your springs.

Its a confusing chain of events but in the "after" pics you're using the unknown springs that came with the dampers? Can't you just use the original springs again.

pulsar kid

The car hasnt been driven yet. would it really make that much difference??
And sitting on the rear now is the 1st pic (before) springs and cups, with the after set of shocks, once my exhaust arrives this week ill fit it then take it for a drive,
The fronts are the new shocks+sprongs and cups.

darkyGTI-R

Looks like a dragster car I like the look lol maybe I should try that on mine may stop the downpipe scraping those damn ramps!

shroom

exhaust will be with you soon 8) he has got your's said you wrapped it up well

im sure it will change alot once you give it a run about, least you wont get any clearance issues :lol: