MAX power on a Z32 MAF

ashills

What sort of bhp can u run upto on these as ive got one on my car and its maxed (4.5V) out tonight
booked in for set up tomorrow and dont want this to upset things
thought they could take massive amounts of power?????

Si..

they can flow massive power mate, and their essential if you are running big boost, i dont know the max power rating but i know for a fact their good for 500+bhp. 8)

S

SunnyGTIR

You have got the one with orange sticker havn't you?

ashills

been to abbey today they say that they only rate them to 350-380
so im just gonna have to go map sensor

E

Eric Yellow

Or fit a Q45 MAF sensor...
It's about 90 mm inside diameter.... :shock:
Got one coming my way as we speak.. :twisted:

nismoboy

ashills said:
been to abbey today they say that they only rate them to 350-380
so im just gonna have to go map sensor
nah that cant be right! ive seen pulsars running over 400bhp using the z32 afm.Are u sure u have the right one (ie the afm off a 300zx) and not the skyline gts one?

nismoboy

Is there anyone who is actually using a z32 maf and running over 4oobhp+ that can confirm that these will read big power?

E

Edd

mine ran 430bhp on well lanes rollers with a Z32 maf, 1.3 bar on an HKS GTRS and a 2.2 stroker kit

will be remapped at 1.5bar with an HKS3037S within the next month, so will keep you posted

ashills

we need to see wheel figures to get real meaning as everywhere puts there own % on teh wheel figure

not having a dig edd u know what i mean

GINGA

The actual output voltage of the maf is only important if your using standard injectors, ecu etc
With larger injectors like yours the maf maybe reading 4.5 volts but due to the large injectors and emanage being used the ecu will only be seeing around 3 volts(as the airflow reading is reduced to fool the ecu into lowering the injector duty cycle) so it can still increase the fuelling until it reachs its max readings its mapped for which will probably be around 4.5-5volts though the emanage will have tobe programmed/mapped to give extra fuel once the airflow meter reachs max output, so say at 5000rpm the maf maxes out the emanage would then be setup to increase the fuelling above that rpm to compensate for the fact the maf has maxed.
I presume the z32 maf is fitted not because it changes the output reading and can read for 600bhp its just the fact it can flow 600bhp of air through it while the standard unit can only flow around 380 ish before it becomes a restriction.

Surry

they read upto 5 volts as far as i know anyway, ive seen more then 4.5v on mine with the power fc commander.

Cheers

Jon

GINGA

yeh IIRC think the maf can read upto 5 volts before maxing :?: as i've seen past 4.5volts to think 4.7 is the most i've noticed.

Fusion Ed

Allen does have 700cc injectors and were getting upto about 70-75% duty cycle on them when the airflow maxes out. I could tell you all the EXACT figures but I dont have my laptop to hand. As far as the correction factor between the standard maf and the z32 maf its not as great as you would imagine.

Ed

GINGA

Yeh the correction factor for running with a z32 maf isn't that great some people have just adjusted the fuel pressure with a fpr to get them to work correctly without fitting any form of fuel controller.