Making my own umbrella holder section for non umbrella model

Making my own umbrella holder section for non umbrella model

Now I am not saying this is the best way to do it, but it worked for me.
Also I am not saying do it the way I did, but it worked for me.
I'll let the pictures do the talking.
The great thing is the N14 hatchbacks already have the bracket there for hooking the inner section of the holder, its just about measuring the rough location where to drill the hole, i did it by looking at various pictures and taking a guess which paid off.
P.s Just need to bash the holder a bit in more with a mallet later and screw in the front section, but it's 95% finished.

Now I need a cheap umbrella. ;)

No offense mate but that looks like a horrible job. What possessed you to drill loads of holes and whack it with a hammer and chisel? You should have used a die grinder with a cutting disc or even a Dremel. I also hope that you painted something onto the exposed metal to stop it from rusting?

vpulsar

Yes it's not pretty is it lol, Hopefully mine is getting done a bit neater than that lol.

Car is getting resprayed also its a job done lol. You cannot see behind the cutting lol.
How long will it take to rust away then hidden behind there?
Car has been garaged for 5 years and no new rust has appeared since.
Happy days..lol

All that matters is the final produce.
If I did not tell you you would be non the wiser..lol

Final produce.

p.s i do not have a grinder, but thats on my Christmas list now..lol

If I did not tell you you would be non the wiser..lol
Yeee-hah!

Just because you can't see some things been bodged at first appearance doesn't mean its not ben bodged.

I'm not sure if its laziness or just plain ineptitude but it appears that you din' even try to make a good job of it. Even taking the time to file the sharp edges to the outline of your template would have been better than "bashing" the holder with mallet.

vpulsar

I reckon it must of actually been harder to do it that way than it would of been to do it the right way, But fair play if that's all the tools you had at hand. Just get those edges sorted out so it looks a little nicer, Personally I couldn't live with the fact it looked like that even though you can't see it you know it's there lol.

Haha, just having a laugh guys. I have a multi tool dremel which I will use to straighten the lines and sand down, then I have some rust protection spray for the edges, will post results later.

I would strongly suggest that you don't take up a career in stand up comedy.
So I take it I didn't make the cut? Get it, cut?

Another jibe at me, how surprising.
Another? Explain please.
Whats up with you lately, cheer up you had a mag feature this month.

See thats part of the double act..

I dunno, i reckon custom fabrication could be his forte....

Only if Stevie Wonder was his customer lol
Thats more like it, Banter..lol

Last edited: