Major help needed

PulsarTom

Right quick update, done a head gasket test and the water colour never changed. My bottom rad pipe is considerably colder than the top pipe aswell, also top half of radiator is boiling hot and bottom half not?! What my plan is, is to change the thermostat, radiator and water pump. It seems like theres a circulation problem to me, however im no mechanic so please correct me if im wrong! Thanks foir all your time peeps

PulsarTom

Well hope fully that tester is not broken but apart from that it seems like the h/g is fine! cheers mate, i hope shes all good, waiting for super bob to let me know if hes got an uprated rad and other bits!

PulsarTom

Right just put a hose pipe through the rad and its fine, no blocks there wot so ever. Dont have a hose pipe down where the car is, but blew through the top hose on the block and water passed through termostat, would that be a viable test or should i still put a hose through the head?! Thanks guys

PulsarTom

Really dont know what to do, as radiator, thermostat and water pump all seem to be in good working order?! If the head gasket test came up as fine aswell i dont have a clue as what to do next!!! Need help badly

P

pulsarboby

you obviously werent listening to what i told you earlier tom lol

if the rad is partially blocked it will still flow water but the water will bypass the blocked waterways and flow through those that are clear at a reduced rate!
im not saying that its definately the rad but if you have cold spots then it could well be as the rad should be hot all the way across.....top and bottom!

PulsarTom

No bob i did mate, and will send payment via paypal in a minute matey!! do you know my delivary adress?! thanks again mate

PulsarTom

Havent checked the water pump mate, so unsure to the condition of it! Ive got a new rad coming now, so will try that and still no luck then im going to probably change the water pump!