major cut out & not starting after racing scobby?sorted

A

Anonymous

I know this is a problem solving question but also i fill general R discussion as it is a dangerous thing that happened to me yesterday so all R owners should be aware of.

Here goes..

Finally got the car back to normal, best its ever been...so all fine took it for a blast down the ways, at a set of lights finish of an rx8 easy meat, then a scooby like this came flying up my rear

Anyway we both turn left and i floor it the car then cuts out a bit and jugders so the scobby flys past, car okay now so i give chase and catch up in some traffic, overtake and we both go booting up the a10, scobby pinned on my rear and iam flaming in ever gear, we stop at a set of lights, scobby driver says damm i can cook barbeque on those flames, anyway set of lights go green i beat the scobby then all of a sudden

the car cuts out like fuel loss, all lights come on and the car slugglishly haults to a stop, and has not started since, had to get it trailer home, left in the cold for 4 hours, its like its trying to start lights all on fans everthing working, enough fuel in tank,goose trying to rummble but just not starting....HELP WHAT COULD IT BE, busted fuel pump? Its just a few months old, have a new battery too, and a 2 month old reconditioned alternator, but the boost controller has not been set up, iam just playing with it and set high boost to 1.10 bar..

sorry for the long speach but HELP....

moved- although it is an interesting situation u are in, you are asking for help to solve it, so moving it to problem solving- Hannie

A

Anonymous

take the fuel line off and turn the car over and see if there is fuel going in.

Check all spark plugs/leads etc..

Timur 008

Check your fuses! i think you might have blown one :?: - it happened to me once starting the car & swithching on ALL electrionics at the same time caused it to blow ...off the top of my head its a 15amp one.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Did you get your overheating problem sorted before this race?

Ignore this, I eventually found the other post in between blank pages and nothing :x

T

Tart

Well Andrew im glad to see that at least ur flamer kit is working nicely :shock:

Chris has a similar prob when going round bends ever since his fuel pump was replaced with an uprated one. Its not seated properly and high speed cornering often results in fuel starvation. Possibly it started as this, if the pump isnt situated properly it may have been moving around and somethings come off....

Id check it first.......... (Errrr, and Andrew, no smoking around the fuel tank now!!!)

Good luck............. "The Tart"

A

Anonymous

Thanks alot tart
hows chris, still got the r
how r u and things?
Flamer kit work like a treat well pleased with it, 6, 8 footers, night time is amazing

timur coming down tonight to have a look at it and another guy over weekened so hope to get it sorted, soon, laters

p.s yeah also since getting the walbro fuel bump have been having 1 second fuel cuts everytime i go round a corner fast, so could be this, will check tonight and no i don't blaze...

T

Tart

Cool, well good luck wiv it, if it still broke I can pop over have a look at the w/e......

Chris has decided 2 keep the R now, he's enjoying it too much!!!!

I actually spun mine in the wet last month, came off a roundabout too fast and lost her, through a central reservation, through two trees and ended up sliding backwards up the wrong side of the dual carrigeway!!!! wierd but other than covered in mud, plants and leaves, she woz fine. wot a bloody sturdy car........first time ive lost it!! AND IT JUST PASSED ITS MOT!!!

'AVE IT.......... :wink:

A

Anonymous

looks like the fuel pump has either packed up or blocked, everything is fine car started on safe start only, all sparks, fuses and injectors fine, just no fuel regulator tick over and no buzz from the fuel pump, so mike ex-gtir need ur help, new fuel pump just 5 months old how can this be?.

p.s just like to thank timur for poping over the other evening to have a look at the problem