MAF Range

J

jasegould

Hi guys, does anyone know what voltage range the MAF works through??

Im havin probs with my idle and my car brings up the fault code for the MAF circuit :roll: Ive tested mine and it goes from 1.5V at idle to approx 3-3.5V at nearly fully open.
Thanks

zia

sounds about right.is the voltage smooth,and when you rev it jump to 3.5v.

zia

ashills

thought it maxxed out at 5volt on mafs
theres a big thread on gtr forum all about the sensors etc have look

J

jasegould

Yeah, thats what i thought, the voltage curve is smooth, prob does max out at 5 but i was revving the engine by hand and didnt want to blow it up :oops: I havent got any specific data, just following general test procedure

A

Anonymous

Is it a mis-fire at idle? Mine is quite bad, especially when cold and it 'hunts' at light throttle settings. Runs great everywhere else though, F-ing thing :evil: ! Am going to try and get it for a diagnostic check the end of January cos ive changed the plugs, leads dizzy cap etc.etc. and its made no difference...........its fouled plugs a couple of times too :? . I can let you know whats the problem when i find out.

J

jasegould

It runs fine, boosts ok etc but has a prob with the idle. Usually idles around 1500 - 2000, will sometimes eventually settle to 1000 if left.
It hunts very badly at light throttle....well it doesnt really hunt it just drops suddenly then picks up, bit different to hunting. I did a fault code check and it came up with MAF circuit.

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

My safc says im doing 1 ish on idle and then 4.5 on full throttle.