M3 Evo (E36)

NISR227

Got to mention I was driving on a private road yesterday :lol: following a blue T reg M3 Evo Coupe (they only made Evo's during this time, 321bhp altough some believe they are slightly less)...

He booted it from 30 to 100 a few times and I had to back off somewhat, def trying as I could see the back squating and smoke gearchanges, which I expected with R's off roundabout pace, he was a bit twitchy too off corners which lost speed.

BUT, what surprised me is that on a long straight when we both had the chance to keep it planted I stayed with him evens to a (GPS on road angel) indicated 142mph before we both had to brake (hard!) believe it or not, thought the R's brick dynamics would of shown up against it but it didn't. Now if someone has told me that I wouldn't of believed it, still can't, but I stayed with him top end to a GPS 142mph! Oil temp got to 120c though, ouch! (Oil cooler next).

Unfortunatley my rear brakes, which were already pretty worn, but after the very very hard braking are sounding like metal banging and knocking, making the car virtually undrivable. Need to get the rear discs and pads changed asap this week, hope it can crawl the 15miles to the garage.

GINGA

I was looking to get one of these until I drove a couple of them and was shocked at just how slow they were considering they are supposed to have 321bhp etc :shock:

JIMMYBACK

GINGA said:
I was looking to get one of these until I drove a couple of them and was shocked at just how slow they were considering they are supposed to have 321bhp etc :shock:
your not gonna eva gonna get near to the r in peformance wise :shock: 8) :lol: :lol: