loosin a little boost! why?

O

O.T.B

any one out there know why when my r reaches running temp or i give her a blast the boost pressure may drop about 0.1bar sometimes it wont is this just hot air in the engine bay? cheers! :shock:

O

O.T.B

yeah still runnin top mount :cry: will adding a cold air feed from low on the bumper to the air filter help sort it :?:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
O.T.B said:
yeah still runnin top mount :cry: will adding a cold air feed from low on the bumper to the air filter help sort it :?:
There should already be a factory feed like that for the airbox. Well, I think it comes in from the wheel arch, but same idea.
It could be down to ambient temperatures. Or just the fact the engine has warmed up

O

O.T.B

i have the engine runnin a little lean and know that this causes exhaust temp to be high maybe this is the cause :? the standard air feed only comes at grill hight behind the light would it be a good idea to put one in the meshing bottom left of the bumper :? :?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
O.T.B said:
i have the engine runnin a little lean
Do you mean you know the engine is running a little lean, because the above suggests you have leaned it on on purpose, which will kill your engine eventually. So richen it up abit :wink:

My air feed comes in behind the battery direct to the induction kit (airbox when it was fitted)

O

O.T.B

yeah thats wot i meant :lol: :lol: getting the fuelin sorted hopefully before santa pod this weekend. would the fueling cause the engine to sound tappety????? :? cheers!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It shouldn't do, unless you've killed it :shock:

They tend to sound tappety, but if it's realy bad the shims may need doing.

O

O.T.B

not too bad only been like it a couple of weeks just wondered if it was serious but it still runs really well just slightly more boost when freshly warmed up! is sortin the shims a big job :?

O

O.T.B

cheers mate :D
probably just me hearin the noise more than everyone else ! :oops:
its my 1st r and im still gettin to know her!
thanx again!