Loom identification

rich1216

Does anybody know what this part of the interior loom does? Ive tried to pin point it on the wiring diagrams but cant find it.

P1010071.jpg

rich1216

Is It used by the motor i cant tell at the mo as i dont have my motor ready to run, but all the lights etc work

SIR GTIR

pretty sure it part of the dash loom not sure but i think the white thin plug plugs into 1 loom for the ecu the relays sit above your right knee under the dash well i think thats right

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Now that you mention it, it does look like the wiring from inside the steering column; possibly going to the ignition barrel too. - The relays would make sense in that case.

rich1216

it fixes to the rollbar up behind the glove box, i think its for or the heater controls and the little black box does the calculations

geoff pine

it fixes to the rollbar up behind the glove box, i think its for or the heater controls and the little black box does the calculations
I'm sure it's not the heater control as that's bigger but slimmer if that makers sense !! and mines located next to the ecu it's about half the size of the ecu .I know it's heater controls because I had none for years the minute I fitted it all the heating controls worked :lol:.Its on the passenger side behind the ash tray .

rich1216

sorry i didnt explain myself enough the relays are behind the glove box but yes the box sits next to the ecu near the ash tray

P

pulsarboby

yes heater control box
the white plug plugs in behind the stereo surround on inside of consul and the wiring from it goes indirectly to fuel pump because if you unplug it the pump will be disabled
hope that helps rich