Long rant, advice wanted on ECU's

Sween

Right guys am right in the middle of a rebuild on my pulsar and was looking for some advice. The current spec is

Blitz air filter
FMIC
Mongoose exhaust and de cat
coilovers
Comp MO's

all basic simple mods but the car ran a healthy 286bhp on the rollers in november. As it is now sitting at about 80k I decided a rebuild was on the cards. The parts I am using for the rebuild are

JE 87mm pistons and rods
4 pot brake upgrade
rebuilt turbo
engine rebuild kit i.e bearings, gaskets, etc
Nismo 555 injectors

and a few other items. I was hoping once run in to run about 350 bhp at around 1.2 bar but have hit a huge stumbling block. I was after an Apexi power FC as a local company said they could get me one and map it for 600 quid but they now say they cannot get any and their only other option would be an HKS ECU which is 1200 on its own! I am trying to do this on a budget so can't really afford to shell that out.

What I wanted to know was can anyone reccomend an ECu capable of running my injectors and power? I ideally wanted a standalone unit and not a piggback ECU but don't want to break the bank. Hope you guys can help

P

pulsarboby

just get your standard ecu remapped, horsham developments do this for £350 all inclusive

P

pulsarboby

thats very cheap, i paid £550 for mine and i thought that was cheap.

I

irishjohn

Apexi Have Stopped Production On The Power Fc For The Pulsar..you Can Get A Plug And Play Ecu From Aem That Would Work Great..i Am Exploring This Option As No One In Tcanada Seems To Want To Try And Remap The Standard Ecu.

Jonesy

You could run 1.2 bar on the standard ecu and engine, just get a fuel controller safc 2 for example.

Sween

Thanks for the reply's guys. I had considered remapping my standard ECU but no where local to me (hertfordshire) seems happy to touch it even if I could get them the software. I have had a few hunts around for the Apexi and like someone said cannot find them as Apexi themselves have stopped making them and all retailers seem to have sold their stock. Where did you guys buy yours?

Oh and as for the coilovers and 17's I added them cos I am special :D

johnsy

Sween said:
Thanks for the reply's guys. I had considered remapping my standard ECU but no where local to me (hertfordshire) seems happy to touch it even if I could get them the software. I have had a few hunts around for the Apexi and like someone said cannot find them as Apexi themselves have stopped making them and all retailers seem to have sold their stock. Where did you guys buy yours?

Oh and as for the coilovers and 17's I added them cos I am special :D
i find no one wants to know about remapping the standard ecu in the north east been told its got summit to do with the quad throttle bodies

P

pulsarboby

think paulb got his done at the racing line! hes a geordie so cant be that far from you.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
What ever happened to the Greddy e-Manage Ultimate systems, they were all the rage in 2006.
Never hear anything about them anymore?

T

treemonkey

omex do a stand alone has been fitted to an s13. Nice features like launch contol and antilag.