Link to Power Fc Commander Manual ( english version )

A

AJ4

Its for the RX7 again, but explains what all the parameters in the controller are and has some info like how to setup stuff I didn't know you could do like peak holds etc :oops: .

http://www.scuderiaciriani.com/rx7/power_FC_manual.pdf

8) 8) 8)

P.s How is everybody doing with there new Apexis anyway ? Done any tuning etc ?. I'm going to post the base map up soon ( I have it in .xls format if anybody wants to have a fiddle and then go back to near standard again ).

BTW can anyone tell me why my ignition timing is set at 40' and not 20' ??

Cheers

Ross.

GINGA

Good info 8)
Mine's still under my bed lol but should hopefully be fitting and playing around with the setting sometime in the next few weeks :wink:
Have you got yours fitted and working in the car yet, if so how does it drive on the base map :?:

A

AJ4

Yeah, mines been fitted for a few weeks now, not been properly set up yet but I have managed to sort out a few problems I had with the standard ecu.

First thing was the idle, used to idle a bit rough but with the self learning function in the FC it now idles really nice around 1000 rpm.

I used to have a part throttle misfire when cruising with the original ecu, I managed to cure that ( I think it was a small hole in the original ecu map ). Also, I had a bit of knock at 4500 under heavy load that I've managed to dial out 8)

Not done much in the way of power tuning yet, am still a bit worried as to why my base timing is 40' before I start hammering it... :D

I'd say the base map was pretty crap at low throttle and low rpm, it seems to have been optimised for more power / less economy than the standard map. Drives noticeably quicker with the Apexi base map than the Nissan base map, so I'm not so sure the Apexi is supposed to be a direct copy....

A

antilag

well mines doing good i put it on the roof of my car then went to meat ashills up the road and lets just say theres power fc and comander parts spread out around my town :oops:

M

memski

lol dave :roll: :(

Mine's going in for a remap Tuesday as long as I don't have any more probs :roll:

GINGA

Ross said:
Yeah, mines been fitted for a few weeks now, not been properly set up yet but I have managed to sort out a few problems I had with the standard ecu.

First thing was the idle, used to idle a bit rough but with the self learning function in the FC it now idles really nice around 1000 rpm.

I used to have a part throttle misfire when cruising with the original ecu, I managed to cure that ( I think it was a small hole in the original ecu map ). Also, I had a bit of knock at 4500 under heavy load that I've managed to dial out 8)

Not done much in the way of power tuning yet, am still a bit worried as to why my base timing is 40' before I start hammering it... :D

I'd say the base map was pretty crap at low throttle and low rpm, it seems to have been optimised for more power / less economy than the standard map. Drives noticeably quicker with the Apexi base map than the Nissan base map, so I'm not so sure the Apexi is supposed to be a direct copy....
Were all these problems you had with the standard nissan ecu and they stopped when you fitted the power fc or they were still there after fitting the power fc and you adjusted them away :?:

As for the timing the 20' is only at idle and should change as soon as the engine comes off idle speed (which is why you can't adjust the timing unless the engine is idling at the correct speed) iirc when I was driving my car around looking at the standard timing on the nissan consult unit it was around the 40' mark off boost

J

J-GTi-R

antilag said:
wish i kud larf :cry:
I certainly wouldn't be laughing...

It's a bit like the boost gauge I bought off you. I got home, went to take it into the house to show the missus but as I was walking up to the front door it kind of slipped out of my hand so in an effort to catch it I ended up throwing at the front step and completely smashing it up...

That was slightly cheaper than your FC though... :(

A

antilag

:shock:

u shud of said j id of given u your money back :wink:

the 28 days are over now tho :roll:

i hope the power fc still works as i'll b very fucked off

J

J-GTi-R

antilag said:
:shock:

u shud of said j id of given u your money back :wink:

the 28 days are over now tho :roll:

i hope the power fc still works as i'll b very f***ed off
Ha ha, nah it was my own stupid fault and I use it as a paper-weight at work now instead. I hope the fc still works too, that would be gutting!

A

AJ4

Antilag - :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ginga - These were problems with my original ecu that I managed to cure with the Apexi by altering the maps.

I can't understand the 40' though. I know the base idle advance should be 20', thats what my timing is set to ( actually 22' with WI on ) with my timing light ( TPS removed ). What I mean is the Apexi is reading 40' instead of 20', and the base maps for the idle load setting is something like this,

30 32 40 40 43 45 50, etc

so it is definately running at 40' advance right from 800 rpm up....

Can't get my head around it, does anyone who has a) not fitted theres under the bed :D or b) not killed theres :shock: tell me what yours is set to ? :D :?:

A

AJ4

Something else I've noticed thats a bit weird, the map for Ignition seems to be back to front...

At L01 ( small load ) the advance is high ( 40'+ ) but at high load L20 it drops right down to about 10'. Surely the advance should increase as the load increases or am I going mad ?????. The advance increases with rpm in the right direction but the load seems back to front :(

GINGA

hhmmm weird :? maybe the dissy is supposed to be positioned in a certain way for the base map to be correct as iirc when the unichip is fitted the dizzy timing is set to max or min and the setting done from that point maybe its the same with the pfc even though they are different setup.

GINGA

Memski might be able to help as his is properly mapped for his car but he might be sick of my constant Q's by now so some more might just tip him over the edge :oops: lol

A

AJ4

Do you think Memski would post a picture or spreadsheet of his maps so we can have a look if we ask him really really really nicely ? :D

I did find a site a while ago that was kind of a map library, it showed loads of maps for loads of different cars, from standard to highly tuned. People were asked to send in there maps from different cars to build up a huge library that other people could download and play with.

Can't find the bugger now... :( Is an excellent idea though.

GINGA

Can you do that from the commander or would you need the pc software :?: as Memski only has the commander

A

AJ4

I'm still waiting for the software, so I just entered the maps by hand into an Excel spreadsheet so I can change them back to standard without doing a full reset on the ecu :oops: