limited edition???

darkyGTI-R

Yes my friend very rare in limited edition winter green only 20 made or so they claim no one really knows what the japanese celebration was in aid of could be the Emporer of Japans birthday or something similar:)

johnsy

is he not on about the colour,

winter green

wasnt it the emperors 6oth anniversary or summit ,wasnt just pulsar's painted this colour there were other models

darkyGTI-R

Ye i'm not sure why they done it in that colour like I said no one truly knows!:)
It would be very interesting to find out why though?

darkyGTI-R

I've only ever seen one in real life twicw in fact once at a meet and then again at the 20th anniversary hang on i'll find a pic:)

John

Yes, that's what I've always thought too.

There was a guy going through the VINs to count them all, and I'm sure he'd got to more than 20 and hadn't finished.
59 is the current count, still had the final year(batch) of builds to go through iirc, although I would guesstimate about half are dead considering the shelf life of the average R.

Lets be quite honest, I have a winter green R and there only worth as much as someones willing to pay and since its a R thats not alot.

I dont consider winter green to be a limited edition myself, its a rare colour for this model of car but thats about it. A limited edition car to me will always come with some sort of plaque on it to confirm its build number.

I like the colour itself, to me its much brighter and not as flat and aging as the colour as every other R. Value wise, I dont think it adds much to the car, more of a unique selling point than anything else.

geoff pine

If the emperor was 60 in 1993 is 60 the right number produced as 59 have been accounted for .Of course if 1993 is not L reg then :oops: who knows :lol:

splmum

If the emperor was 60 in 1993 is 60 the right number produced as 59 have been accounted for .Of course if 1993 is not L reg then :oops: who knows :lol:
Good point Geoff, but I think by time I get to the end of the data it will probably be more like double this number. Will keep you guys posted when the data is complete.

gezza

59 is the current count, still had the final year(batch) of builds to go through iirc, although I would guesstimate about half are dead considering the shelf life of the average R.

Lets be quite honest, I have a winter green R and there only worth as much as someones willing to pay and since its a R thats not alot.

I dont consider winter green to be a limited edition myself, its a rare colour for this model of car but thats about it. A limited edition car to me will always come with some sort of plaque on it to confirm its build number.

I like the colour itself, to me its much brighter and not as flat and aging as the colour as every other R. Value wise, I dont think it adds much to the car, more of a unique selling point than anything else.
Did the count end up being 59 then???

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
That's my feeling too Geoff. - FAST isn't all inclusive; mine doesn't appear in it when you search for the letters on my VIN plate.