light weight alloys

mohsan

im looking either 16s or 17s.
tho i do feel that the 17s sit just right,as they fill up the space.
What i dont want is a car that been slowen right down and strained,due to the weight.
i have been told of a few wheels now.
volkte37
ssr type c
oz super leggeras
buddy club
aerospeed rsgt,s
i think the aero speeds are well nice but can only get in 17.
then it will have to be the ozs,but im looking for a wheel that provides a lip,dish type so that when it comes to refurbishing you only have to refurbish the rim,outline.
for tyres im more then sure that 205/40/17 or 205/45/16 is the best.
but can anyone tell me of their experiences,are 17s any good?
I know that 16s are fine.

hmmm

:idea: All i can do is give you my personal opinion-

1 standard wheels look great
2 it's a rally car, think rally brands (compomotive for example)

I have 17's and no complaints. Watch out for possible wheel bearing damage though.

mattygti-r

get some jap wheels from ermmmmmm japan suprisingly or just get the lightest ones u can get

depends onwhat u want, show and go or just go...keypans wheels are ace! so are Jimmys to be honest, they are lightweights

S

Stoned

I'm sure the advice above is spot on as the japs make excellent wheels, but just speaking from personal experience the Oz Superleggera's are very light and do suit the R

I got a set in 16" form including Toyo Proxy tyres in 195/45/16 for just over £700.

youngsyp

Try here www.rarerims.co.uk

They have very light and cheap rimmage for sale. All the Honda boys buy them and they do a lot in Bronze 8) I'm gonna get my heavy as fcuk 16" MO's done in this colour soon :wink:

Nad

youngsyp said:
I'm gonna get my heavy as fcuk 16" MO's done in this colour soon :wink:
But strong as as well. Lights doesnt always mean strong. MO's are heavy for a reason!

Nad

J

J-GTi-R

They are very, very strong in fact. I hit a curb doing about 60 mph which would have destroyed a Superleggera, but my MOs had barely a scratch.

youngsyp

Don't get me wrong, of course they're strong, they weigh half as much as the car :wink: :lol: I bought them thinking they were light :oops: Should have gone for my second choice, Speedlines instead :roll: They will look nice in the new colour though. Should be pretty unique as well.

A

Anonymous

Then again heavy doesnt always mean strong :wink:

The Rotas are made to double JIL standards, and are used by a lot of Motorsport teams stateside 8)

Discount for all GTIROC members as well :wink:

G

GAZ P

If you want ultra light 17"s how about a set of pure rally sex Speedline type 2021's :lol: 8) :twisted: Not your usual ally shit, but f*ckin Magnesium :wink: the downside £1600 a set and no tyres :cry: