Lambda please

johnny gtir

sorry to jump in where did you get the 12mm one . think both work but there are some differences most 12 are Titania 3 wire.. kind and 18 are ..Zirconia. i found reading e bay ads trying to work out which size adaptor to fit in my new exhaust system

danr

they should both be titania 3 wires (i think), one red wire = Titania?
or are 18mm Zirconia?
crazy ...

do you want the 12mm? ill sell it for what i paid. its a Nissan NTK, ready to go :_)

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I don't think the size has anything to do with it; they are either TiO2 (Titania) or ZrO2 (Zirconia). The important bit is getting the right one for your application.

johnny gtir

i was just refering to there been two different sizes and kinds as a rule the titania tend to be 12 mm and the zirconia 18mm

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It's likely correlation rather than causality; cars that use the zirconia probe tend to have an 18mm fitment.

geoff pine

Zirconia ones dont not work in a gtir even it you get one to fit as they both operate in a differant way ??your just wasting your money .

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Unless... was there ever a wide-band lambda sensor in your car (or even in an elbow you bought)?

danr

yeh, didnt think it was Zirconia, as it will be different volt range/calibration?..
i knew theres fat and skinny. skinny is titania i guess, as the fat one on the s13 i seen has a Z on the code (bosch)
from canadagtir is the S13 info
I had this issue in finding an o2 sensor to pass my emmision test. I ended up calling NTK Techline and I was told that you need to use a Titania sensor verses a zirconia sensor. He suggested that they no longer make a universal sensor in this style as people were not wiring correctly and expecting warranty. He told me to order a sensor for a 1989 300zx turbo and re-wire to my connector. I did this and passed with flying colours. The sensor was all of 65.00$ from p-source. A local tuner verified that this is a easy and fitting solution.

i ordered the s13 sr20det o2 sensor, plugged in works perfect http://www.thenismoshop.com/ikorb.php?func=catalog&category_id=3812&product_id=1607

apparently skinny is 'red top', fat is 'black top'
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/236743/fs-nissan-genuine-s13-sr20det-skinny-type-oxygen-sensor/

@pobody, its a normal Z sensor in mine, someone spliced it into plug, was black/white/white wires

so i need either a 18mm titania, or a lambda reducer (18 -> 12mm £4.59 for just reducer), or try get the reducer in my elbow out! fun.

Last edited:

danr

geoff pine

some say you dont need a labda sensor if you decat your car?
Ask them to explain how this works ? on a road legal car its not going to pass the emissions test for the mot! . When i tried it my a/f base went up from 100 to 110 and it struggled to idle .

Last edited:

RO_SUNNY

Anything wise............It doesn/t matter the size for me...I just want to know if the original Nissan lambda sensor can be replaced???