KYB Suspension - Awful Ride!

nickg123

I bought this setup 2nd hand off someone on this board, Mike kindly fitted it for me but i have to say what a crap ride they give!

I have a bad feeling that they need re-gassing or whatever it is you do, as over pot holes etc, it sounds like i have no suspension, it knocks really badly - as if the bushes are all worn or something you know??

What could the problem actually be with the shocks?

Basically they're just very very hard and you get bumped around all over the place!!! They're set on soft too by the way.......

turblio

Well, most suspension set ups like yours are for ultra smooth track use
so on the road with the state our roads are in you are not going to really
appreciate what they can do in the right suroundings! :(
Frank

nickg123

I know what you mean.......... but i just didn't expect them to be quite this hard?!?

Even on the motorway the slightest bump throws you around - it's worse than a mini!

A

Anonymous

Nick, i had coil overs on my corsa the shox were set to the hardest setting(minimize scrubage from 17's :oops: ) and it was real hard ride but still exceptable though. You shouldnt get knocking maybe anti roll bar bushes or sumit.

nickg123

I've just had all powerflex bushes fitted though mate - but that is the sort of noise it's making........

I figured it was just the suspension!

O

Odin

You passed me the other day comeing the other way over
the thatcham rail crossing I thought you where going a bit
slow. :wink:

A

Anonymous

Mate get to a (good) garage and get poke around the suspension. Could be any number of things.

nickg123

Ian - we live in Newbury mate, do you know of any lol!

Seriously though, do you know anywhere local that you'd trust?

B

bean

I've just installed Koni shocks and Whiteline springs, the ride is really good and not too harsh.

Apart from my front wheel hitting the arches cos they've got the wrong size tyres... :roll:

Davey

Mikeys got kyb's as well, and the ride is pretty firm, as you would expect, but its not as bad as you'd think, and it doesnt crash or bang at all over potholes etc. Ive got gabs on mine, they're pretty hard, but the only time i really notice them is on the motorway, when your just trying to cruise, they feel pretty shitty then :? . Sounds like your's might be knackered m8 :cry: