KYB NEW SR SPECIAL

A

Anonymous

Has anyone got any experience with these shocks? I have the chance to get a set possibly

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
KYB/GAB Adjustables (KYB SR Specials).... Most of the people on this forum use them, including me...

4pt front adjustable and 8pt rear adjustable...

They are excellent...

Hope that helps...

Rishi

BenD

Hello mate!

i have the New SR specials, and they arent adjustable Rishi, unless there is something i have missed??

Quite firm, but not bone shattering, i like them, spot on for me :D

Cheers

Ben

I'm using kayaba New Sr Specials too.
I can show u pics of mine if u guys got any website to recommend so i can hot the pics. Hehe

Btw they are blue in colour.
Pretty reasonable as my car is a street car and not an all out weekend warrior.

Btw i guess the other Kayaba shocks u guys thought is is the Kayaba Super Street Special or something like that and is grey in colour.[/img]

BenD

yea, the New SR specials are in light blue, and they were never sold in the UK, so they would probably of come over already fitted to an R

Cheers

Ben

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
BenD said:
Hello mate!

i have the New SR specials, and they arent adjustable Rishi, unless there is something i have missed??

Quite firm, but not bone shattering, i like them, spot on for me :D

Cheers

Ben

Hmmm... Mine were boxed in the New SR Special Boxes but my shocks are Red... Think they are GAB Struts with KYB Shocks... They are 4pt adjustable at the front and 8pt adjustable at the rear...

Rishi

A

Anonymous

how do you know if they are adjustable or not? Wheres the adjuster? Aye they are light blue in colour. Or should i say IT is light blue in colour as i have only one of the bastids at the moment :(

jameswrx2

I've got SR special's on mine, light pearl blue coloured shocks (non adjustable) and dark blue springs. Handles better than my previous R which had adjustable KYB's. Nice firm ride, but not as jarring over drop off bumps and holes compared to the old KYB shocks IMO.

A

Anonymous

Ta for that. The reason i only have 1 is because my car needed a strut for the MOT as it was leaking so i got this one off a breaker second hand. The guy told me it was a standard one he had so i went for it. I'm thinking of phoning him back now to see if i can get the set from them. Btw i cant see any adjusters on the strut anywhere.

If so i will have 3 standard shocks left over if they're any good to anyone?? Both fronts and drivers side rear, not leaking at all.

A picture to answer all your questions.
This is my set of Kayaba New SR Special (sigh Non Adjustable) with crappy soft and standard springs. Rides like a boat and too comfortable to drive on pothole ridden streets.