Knockhill Sunday 11th Nov.

O

Odin

gunmetalgtir said:
Luckily that doesn't look too bad Scott!! Hope you can get it sorted soon mate!

The Odin parts bin to the rescue :thumbsup: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

antgtir

Thats not too difficult to repair, as long as the chassis legs are ok which by the looks of the damage they will be.

So its a new bonnet, wing, bumper? slam panel? small strip under headlights, etc.

Good luck with the repairs, im sure you will be back on track again soon.

Ant.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Crashing aside, it looked like you were doing some nice driving there Scott.

I reckon you had a sign on the front of your car saying "please lose it" as that EVO looked like a fun moment too. he deserved it after holding you up for so long.

Good luck with fixing it, shouldn't be too bad with the amount of spares kicking around nowadays.

Braveheart

Thanks for your comments and support... :thumbsup:
I also think the car's fine geometry wise and the repairs are mainly aesthetic.
I'll take it through to Glasgow mid week as planned, fit the new turbo, injectors, down pipe, oil cooler, whiteline goodies and address the body work at the same time.
Think I'll keep my top mount for now and place the oil cooler away from danger as well.

Jim, your right about that sign, when I came out again, there was a 325i beamer that threatened to wipe out after the hair pin as I was having a look, then the EVO in the next race. Next year I'll mix with the track cars when possible as there moments tend to be a little more predictable... although somewhat faster...;-)

What do they say, "there's no smoke without fire" and these things go with the territory.
It does leave you with a bad taste in your mouth though as I feel sorry for myself and the other driver involved. :sad:
I'll put this down to experience and crack on.;-)

Rob..... you're a knight and a scholar. Thanks for comming up with the parts mate..:thumbsup:
Thank fcuk I did not fit that second fan to the rad last week.
BTW, the water and oil temps were nice and low.. very happy with the new water rad.
The new poly shiftlink bush made the stick feel alot more possative but I still managed to stuff up a gear change. Found 5th rather than 3rd and as these engines do not like to be revved without load, it's always on the back of my mind.

Braveheart

OK... due to popular request, here's the crash posted on youtube.
I'd like to say that I feel as sorry for the other driver as I do for myself.
These insidents are very rare and should not put you off having a go on the track yourself.
Just do not loose it in front on me. :doh: :shock: ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp7NyrGwPdw

Braveheart

vss irvine said:
if you need any more parts give me a shout, but maybe you should consider fitting one of these for the next track day?????

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HIACE-BULL-BAR_W0QQitemZ290177831215QQihZ019QQcategoryZ108856QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
vss... thanks for the offer.
I'll be in Glasgow for a week from 15th Nov. Looking after my sister 3 kids while she and hubby swan off on a holiday... oh joy... looking forward to that.:doh: :shock:
I will bring my car through and start the repairs so if something untoward crops up and I need parts I'll drop you a PM. ;-)

I'll hold off on the bull bars for now!

vss irvine

Braveheart said:
vss... thanks for the offer.
I'll be in Glasgow for a week from 15th Nov. Looking after my sister 3 kids while she and hubby swan off on a holiday... oh joy... looking forward to that.:doh: :shock:
I will bring my car through and start the repairs so if something untoward crops up and I need parts I'll drop you a PM. ;-)

I'll hold off on the bull bars for now!
nae bother, im only a half hour from glasgow anyway. well half hour in a pulsar!!
with (accidently) covered number plates on it!

Last edited:

antgtir

Fecking 200SX's, he obviously needs to know when to put the power down coming out of a corner he went to hot into, typical that you got stung because of someone elses lack of ability.

The one bonus was that it was a square on hit and both cars were moving which probably took the majority of the sting out of the coming together.

Good luck with the refurb.

Ant.

Braveheart

antgtir said:
Fecking 200SX's, he obviously needs to know when to put the power down coming out of a corner he went to hot into, typical that you got stung because of someone elses lack of ability.

The one bonus was that it was a square on hit and both cars were moving which probably took the majority of the sting out of the coming together.

Good luck with the refurb.

Ant.
I'll start working on the repairs tomorrow.
Good to arrive at the soft spot though.... Passenger side door took the brunt.:roll:
That Fiesta was quick...:shock: but i'm sure my pulsar is quicker..:)