k26 turbo?

jocster76

has any one ever used a blitz k26 turbo, ive never heard of one before any info on this unit will be much welcome.
cheers
joc

ashills

think they are turbos off toyotas like the gt4's from memory so will need a manifold conversion etc

jocster76

cheers it comes with manifold and can only run a exturnal wastegate just wanted to know if its as good or better then a 3071? and its cheap

joc

Adam L

Sounds like the Borg Warner KKK turbo, i'm sure they used these on the old Audi Quattro group B car.

jocster76

cheers adam it looks like the compresor wheel is huge way bigger then a 3071 i think but none of my mates have eva heard of one before just wanted to know what bhp it was good for?

joc

Adam L

It's an ancient turbo, from memory the compressor housing is alot flatter than usual. The group b Audi's were running circa 550bhp, so it'll take pretty much anything you can throw at it.

Some fella put one on a Zetec engine last year and got good power.

I'm not sure what manifold flange type they run as KKK use several types, it'll be custom manifold/elbow/downpipe either way. Then you've got to sort out oil/water lines, which shouldn't be too much of a problem.

If you can, get some pictures, i'd quite fancy having a look.

Last edited:

Adam L

Have you got a photobucket account?

Just upload the picture into your album, then copy the html link underneath the picture, then paste it into your post and it will appear as the picture.

Sorry, it's not the html code, it's the IMG code.

Last edited:

Adam L

IF you use the IMG code underneath the picture will appear in the post. The second one works anyway, so no worries.

It looks similar to a T3 core but all the fitting are different, the manifold too, although you could see if it would fit a T3 flange.

It's definatley an old skool KKK turbo, I think the group b spec ran larger housings, the wheels may vary too. It'll still be good for a large amount of power, how much, I don't know.

Adam L

Ah, the part number tag. Is that 7230 at the end?

For a laugh, I can find out how much these cost new and if they're still available on Monday.

jocster76

e wants bout 650 quid for turbo manifold a gate and its all suposed to be blitz dont know what size gate it is~/?

Adam L

Sounds like a good price, they're cheap to rebuild if it ever goes. If it is from Blitz, it's suprising they left the KKK tag on there.

Then again all of HKS's turbos are Garrett units, Garrett have a special contract with HKS though, so they get to put their own tags on the turbos.