K sport 8pots

whytie

I can't fault hi-specs, even though that are not that expensive they seem to work very well around town and on the track.

KieranEG6

Where is best/cheapest place to buy Ksport kits these days? I will be fitting an adapted FTO Hispec kit onto 310mm discs but would rather be running around a 290-300mm kit to fit under 15" wheels.

Everywhere I find the medium kits around 290mm are silly money.

preach

Has anyone got these fitted to there car?

I have a set here that I've just bought for taz the track car but I'm in two minds to keep them or sell them and buy some wildwoods? Has anyone got any good feed back on both set ups please
My brother bought a set for his Impreza P1 (K-sports) he sold them after a week and went for a set of Alcon 4 pots which are spot on. K-sport are pretty much bargain basement.

daddyone

Upgrading pads will make the most difference, also braided lines. I would try that before wasting any more money, whilst K sports aren't the best brakes in the world, I doubt you'll see night and day difference between those and Wilwoods, when coupled with a good performance pad, braided lines and decent fluid. Try Carbotech pads, I'm using them on an Evo and they are awesome compared to the stock pads, on standard discs and calipers.

grim_d

K-sport 6 pots with carbotech xp8 pads, car stands on it's nose, to the point where I got in my accord and thought my brakes has failed.

They are no Alcon, AP racing, Brembo etc as above but the quality is good and they work, he may have had old style k sport pads fitted which are supposedly very bad, pad compound makes the most difference I would say, going from Ferodo ds2500 to the Carbotech the difference in stopping power was frightening.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I doubt you'll see night and day difference between those and Wilwoods,
Oh you REALLY do.

Wilwoods don't cope well with heat and heavy use, I know I've been there.

K-Sports are better at dealing with heat combined with pads and fluid etc, although as I've already said the 8 pots are too bulky. Stick to 6 pots!