Just to change a frikkin fuel line?!

GTiR-Aholic

Today the heat shrink stuff failed to hold the fuel leak.. so it's okay for a day or two max.. anyway I found now they run on the inside rail along with the brake lines.. followed it back to the tank and yup you deffo have to drop the back axle & tank to feed the pipes through!!!!

Well I'm not fcukin doing that, so I've decided to run it from the metal pipes under the car which meet the brake pipes.. from there right across the back axle (looping above it so no chance of it hitting the ground or getting crushed) and from the back I can feed it to the tank easily!!

What do you guys think?.. It will be visible from beneath but nowhere near the ground as it's above the axle. - Will take no more than 20mins.

Paul20

took me the best part of a day to drop the subframe and tank to replace all the suspect looking fuel hoses. i had a picture somewhere of all the hoses on top of the tank and if you think you can just run a new hose route, go for it, will save alot of time. cant see it being a problem as long as its not flapping around beneath the tank like you say

M

mynheers_a_pint

i managed to change mine with everything in situe. HOWEVER i did have to 'modify' one of the while plastic clips in order to do it. It is an UTTER sh*t to do.

GTiR-Aholic

I managed it!!.. In SITUE.. but as stated above I re-routed it... I will take pics today if the ramp is free as have a few customers cars to get through but I managed to tuck most of it under the heat sheild which protects the fuel tank :)