Just got my car back from the body shop and gave it a good clean :)

C

Coffey

Hi everyone. I got my car back from the body shop on monday night after it had gone in to have the arches cut out and re-done the tops of the doors rolled over to stop wind noise and all dents and dings filled in(Had both sides of the car completly smoothed out and re painted) It now lookes lovely and like new :) Here are afew pics after I gave her a good clean and polish today :) I hope you like.....

Im pretty chuffed :) looks mint now

Hopefully see some of you at Jap Fest:)

Dan

C

Coffey

Yea I know the pics arnt brill I took them on my phone and didnt have much space on my driveway to get decent pics im affraid :( but still you get the idea

stugtir300

well done fella,looks good,am in the process of doing the bodywork on mine,so mine should look mint soon.

allsmiles

im feelin your energy! mines is in the bodyshop now for some attention to the rear arches and a few other scabby bits, seeing yours is making me wanting mine back!

P

pulsarboby

lol:doh: poor ol dan has huge probs as his door locking mechanism has failed inside the mechanism itself and cant open the door, so hopefully he wont have to cut the door and ruin all the good work hes had done to remove the mechanism.

only way i can think to do it is by removing the latch on the closure through the aperture in rear qualter panel, perhaps he can undo the 2 screws with mole grips through there and release the latch part with all intact.

what a nightmare thing to happen after having all that work done.
ive only ever known this to happen once before and that was on a mondeo we had in which was a pig of a job to get door open:roll: ended up having to cut lock part out with a hammer & chisel.

hope my idea works dan, but perhaps someone else may come up with another brainwave!!!

btw must say hes done an excellent job on those arches dan:thumbsup: they were cut from an old scrapper we had down the yard and butt welded in. top class workmanship:notworthy:

Last edited by a moderator:

PaulB

looks top banana fella. Im gonna get a bit of bodywork done on mine too, just to spring it back to life.

Im interested in what youve done to get rid of wind noise with the doors, howd u do it and what have been the results?

saddler

if anybody in the midlands want a good low cost spray work doing pm me
as i have a family member who ownes a spray shop..

C

Coffey

They just roll the tops of the doors over mate doesnt take long and wouldnt cost alot. Not sure how they do it though im affraid mate but seems to have worked.

Bob I have got the door open 2day :) well I didnt my garage did when it went in to have its CV joint and boot changed. Turns out a bar was completly bent in the door causing it to not be able to unock also a clip was completly broken again really dont know how this happened it musy have happened in the body shop. I now need to fit a new clip and try and re bend this bar but hopefully I will be able to do this tomorrow :)

Dan

C

Coffey

well as I am a very good friend of the guy who owns the bosy shop It only cost me £850 for everything. Which was rolling the tops of the doors, cutting out the old arches and replacing them and undersealing the to prevent them rusting and the smmothing out all the old parking dents and other little ding then re painting both whole sides of the car :)