just fitted evo brakes

vomitt

id rather the £200 odd ill end up paying than the £4/5/600 odd if i wasnt. paying quarter of the price of the entire car on just brakes is a little nutty :der:

v4der

so hang on a sec, i think ive missed sumut.
so, these calipers, they a direct replacement? need any modding?
might be a silly question, but the pads, would it be the evo pads or what pads?

sharpygti

i think i read somewhere on here that you need to open out the holes on the hub for the calipers to fit and use 4mm spacers. but i dont know if thats 4mm whell spacers or 4mm calipers spacers. pads would be evo pads.

gtirx2

i think i read somewhere on here that you need to open out the holes on the hub for the calipers to fit and use 4mm spacers. but i dont know if thats 4mm whell spacers or 4mm calipers spacers. pads would be evo pads.
Its a 4mm spacer on the hub behind the clio disc to move it out a bit.
To mount the calipers all you have to do is open up the original holes on the hub and bolt them on.
I have oillecasts old setup with the xp10 pads and i am honestly amazed at how good they are.
I did a track day at brands with them and did not get any sign of fade from them stop after stop,my tyres would go off long before the brakes.
This is all mostly down to the carbotech pads though, and after using them i will not use any other pad.
The only problem i find now is that where it brakes a lot better at the front the arse of the car can feel very light and twitchy under heavy braking so i am looking into a bigger disc conversion for the back to help balance it up a bit.

pulsar kid

ill be doing this very very soon got the spacers and sorced the calipers just saving up a tad to get decent dics and those xp10s

williams

ive got 2 sets of the spacers needed for these. may sell 1 set or both depending on what brakes i end up using.

gtirx2

ill be doing this very very soon got the spacers and sorced the calipers just saving up a tad to get decent dics and those xp10s
You do want to remember that the xp10 is a track bias pad and will proberly wear the discs faster and be more dusty, and squeal sometimes if you have not been using them hard for a while.
Also they can feel ever so slighly wooden until warmed up a little bit,but they will still stop you perfectly fine from cold.
The mlr is a good place to look for feed back on these pads.

keastygtir

A little update folks

I have run these for about a year now and they perform well. I have had some brake runout issues that might be the disk warping.

However the next time I buy disks I am going to buy the evo 3 ones and re-drill the PCD. This is because the clio disks are slightly to big and clip the caliper edge and make an annoying noise

keastygtir

I have decided to skim down my disks. Whilst they are being done can anyone think of a reason why I couldnt use my original disks (with evo calipers) why I am having them done?