Jason Gant's rolling road run

M

Mr Overboooost

whats wrong with u thats all am saying is that its like watching any pulsar on the rollers ,and what wright have you got to say it needs a remap only say that when your pulsar has done Qmiles as fast as his:roll::roll::lol::nerd::nerner::blabla::focus::cool:
i am not getting into an arguement about this as this isnt what this thread is about.
if you want to carry this on you know my number .
he's making good power but with a few more tweeks it should be a missile.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
EVOBAD said:
this is like watching your clothes dry on the washing line bloody boring:lol::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::rain:
EVOBAD said:
whats wrong with u thats all am saying is that its like watching any pulsar on the rollers ,and what wright have you got to say it needs a remap only say that when your pulsar has done Qmiles as fast as his:roll::roll::lol::nerd::nerner::blabla::focus:: cool:
i am not getting into an arguement about this as this isnt what this thread is about.
if you want to carry this on you know my number .
he's making good power but with a few more tweeks it should be a missile.
Agreed, it's not the most interesting thread out there (not that there are many on here these days) but some readers are obviously interested. So if your not particularary interested in the thread, go read something else.

Also, theres more to getting a good 1/4 mile time than just power, a good driver makes all the difference as Carl, Simon and Paul have proven many times.

Gary, that is a valid point what you say about that graph, smoothing out the maps high spots with a little tweek to the map would make obvious improvements.

I think what people are saying is that there suprised that Jasons car doesn't produce more power with his spec and that turbo at that boost.

stumo

I think what people are saying is that there suprised that Jasons car doesn't produce more power with his spec and that turbo at that boost.
that's said about virtually every car.:roll:

STU4X4

Agreed, it's not the most interesting thread out there (not that there are many on here these days) but some readers are obviously interested. So if your not particularary interested in the thread, go read something else.
Its not to eveyones taste no but i agree, read it and move on if you`ve nothing really sensible to say.

Ive seen this happen on other forums where people wont post things that they or others may find interesting as there is always a minority that have to hijack it with abuse or "search button" "search button" icons all over it. This eventually makes what was a good, friendly forum into somewhere rarely used but only by the few who enjoy humiliating others.

The sites about the cars so why cant the clip be posted??

rx jamie

if theres something i dont like on a channel i turn over.
on the search button point .....how many times do you have to repeat the same piece of info to members before you get sick and just stop helping at all. i.e 1) how do you do the 1 bar loop? 2) is the 1 bar loop anygood? or 3) how much power do i have with a filter, exhaust and suspension?

anyway back to jasons car.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Does anyone know what boost it was running? Or if it was still using the NOS kit?

LOU ROB

Jason was running 1.9 bar on his 3071, nos has never been used on the car yet.

What people have to remember is this car is unchanged since it was built for t.o.t.b 4, so why people are thinking it should produce monsterous amount of power is beyond me.

I think its a fantastic acheivement to produce that much power on the set-up he has, and i'm sure jason will be back on the rollers in a few weeks with a tweeked map and a little more boost and probably get nearer to the 520 ish bhp i've guestemated all along.

P.S. For all those that thought that DP's engines couldn't produce tourqe, eat your words...........

noriek2003

Micra Ed said:
I would be surprised if it ever made 520 though.
send it to america, it'll make that at the wheels :bolt::lol:

I find it quite inspiring that both mo and jasons car have achieved high 10's on relatively sensible power figures so good luck with the car in the future, jason is one of the few people that has stuck with the gtir and actually achieved anything with it so i for one hope it goes quicker next year.

Jason and dp have been round for years, both have stuck with the car far longer than most and don't appear to be getting rid.

Good luck in the future

Rishi

I find it quite inspiring that both mo and jasons car have achieved high 10's on relatively sensible power figures
When did Jason hit a high 10sec pass?

I thought it was just Mo and Dave (formerly of AWD) who'd achieved the 10..?

Very quick all the same! As i've said toward the end of every year, I'm sure next year will be eventfull! Kieron, you may even have yours running! :lol: I would have said the same for Bruce but then we all know pigs can't fly! :lol::lol::lol:

Rishi

Makes sense.. I was just back from Norway and then spent about 6 weeks offline moving house going on holiday, etc...

Hopefully that time will come down a little next year..

R-Type

Quote Lou Rob from modifiers......

"He is running the same turbo as he has done for about 4 years or so, a garret GT3076.
His spec list was in japanese performance magazine a few years back (among other mags he has also been in) and his spec is still unchanged apart from a quaiffe box.
So,in my opinion, the times jasons car is producing are actually outstanding, plus, that car will shave another tenth or so from that time if he can keep his gearbox in one piece."

Sorry to be pendantic but there's 3071 & there's 3076.....making nigh on 500 horses from a 3071 is pushing it! I think Mo would have around 420 to 440 hp on his 3071. Good going if it is a 3071 though.

Not having a dig before anyone gets there knickers in a twist!

Never the less, it was a good qtr time run in Jasons car!

Last edited: