ive been set a challenge

P

pulsarboby

dont know if any of you remember but early last year i was at cadwell park in the R and i had a real good tear up on the track with a guy in a fiesta who was racing in 750 hothatch but then bailed out in order to further mod the stealth looking fiesta.

clare was timing him in the morning whilst i was sorting some bits on my car and he was doing some very quick laps and blowing everything away on the track.
so me being of a competetive nature was eager to get out there and give him a wake up call:-D
anyway in a nutshell there wasnt much in it (his car was balistic on the straights but i had him on the twistys) but after a few laps i had him whooped and he wasnt happy about it:roll:

so end of the day he invited me to do a bit of drifting at the pod in his bmw a few days later, hes done this a few times and was far better than me at it, so now he was happy as the score had been levelled in his mind.

i got an email off him last night after around 8 months and hes given me some trackday dates as his made further mods to the fiesta and he now thinks he will have the edge over quote; 'the nippy little nissan':lol:

last time when racing him i melted 3 of my hks pistons and cracked my cyl head in 8 places as i thought i would turn the boost up but turned up gain to 100% by accident and the car peaked at 1.85 bar even though at the time it was only mapped to 1.3:doh:

im gonna have a little wager with the guy this time round to try and p1ss him off for once and all:lol:
but make no mistake this is one seriously quick little fiesta with a lot of money spent in all the right places and the guy certainly knows how to drive the thing too!
so its by no means gonna be a pushover.

once weve agreed on a date for our challenge if any of you are up for coming along to cheer on the R then your more than welcome, il also get inboard footage 'hopefully the fiesta wont be in front of the camera, well for long anyway':lol::lol:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Try not the crash and make sure you've got all the kink's out of your car before you go this time.... :lol:

P

pulsarboby

hopefully if its after april il have the banana mobil up n running8)

weve got cadwell in couple weeks andy so hopefully my car will be ok for that and if theres any niggly little faults they can be ironed out on the day.
ive stopped the fuel spillage prob and as far as i can tell on the road shes all good to go now:-D

this guy wanted to do the following week after were at cadwell (as its only £99) but ive learnt that its not a good idea booking events close together with these cars as you never know if it will survive one let alone two days:lol:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
If you do Oulton Park I'll come and wave a flag... but you don't have the best relationship with the place, so I'd understand if you wanted to avoid it.

gtir_pimp

is your car still running the same bhp when i last saw you? if so get it mapped by ed to unleash alot more power to be on the safe side

P

pulsarboby

as said...dont know what car il be using but it wont be the megabusa as thats not really a fair challenge tbh, but could well be the yellow rally car if its all sorted by the time this happens8)
but i am quite happy to use the one i have up for sale as it will only probably get broke in longterm anyway as no one could buy it for what im asking for it.

as for top speed....well tbh i really dont know as ive never looked at the speedo, but i would guess you hit 135 down the back straight before being hard on the anchors!

deffo wont be oulton park george....i dont care if i never go there again tbh, that tracks always been a jinx to me both in a car and when i had bike.
will more than likely be a rematch at cadwell:lol::lol:

aron...yep still running 407bhp, if i cant whoop a fiesta with that then i should hang up my helmet and call it a day lol.
if the banana mobils running then that will only be tuned to around 360 but mega fast spool time is what im after, im planning on this being a faster car than the black one but with running less ponies

Last edited by a moderator:

stumo

and if you loose you'll have to go round JAE dressed as a woman, complete with fishnets suspenders and a blonde wig!:thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

and if you loose you'll have to go round JAE dressed as a woman, complete with fishnets suspenders and a blonde wig!:thumbsup:

would you fancy me then stu? il even be clean shaven ready for you:lol::lol:

Dangerous Dave

On the other hand if he starts kicking your ass flash him in to the pits and smash him in the nose just as he's getting out of his car then your
guaranteed to win;-):lol:

Trip

and what about if Bob wins.. will you dress as a woman or is it your daily outfit ?:lol: