Is it really worth this much.

R

Rich GTiR

Hey guys im new here just come back from new zealand where i had a gtir looking to get one back here in the uk and ive been looking at this one on pistonheads:
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/216830.htm

just wondering if you guys know anything about it and do you think its really worth that much or is he dreaming,

anyways looking forward to get to knowin you guys,

cheers
rich

Fire & skill

Vintage member
well it certainly looks a nice car, TBH it has a GTR badge on it and one of those stupid HKS mushroom filters as well, i'd have to knock money off just for having to replace those.

if you got it for 5 grand or just under i'd say it was well spent. i'd offer £4750 for it. most people with 5 grand to spend are looking for a bit of engine work to have been done. good GtiR's are starting to become scarce so maybe you should seriously consider it

R

Rich GTiR

Thanks for the advice and it does look like a nice car and that usually means its been well cared for i suppose:thumbsup: looks like ill have to go for a look then but a car with a bit of engine work would be nice aswell.

Rich

P

pulsarboby

tbh matey i think its overpriced although its a nice looking car.
no forge rebuild
no uprated brakes
no quaife
but it has got a signed steering wheel so that makes up for the above lol

i would want more for 5.5k but thats just my opinion and no reflection on the car in general.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
This:
boost controller which can be adjusted from 0.6-1.3 bar

and this:
making around 330-350bhp

do not add up without an upgraded turbo that he doesn't have.

However, my car makes 400-900hp which is also technically correct :lol: :lol:

1.3Bar 330hp if you're lucky, less if you're not.

I can't comment on the condition but from the spec it looks like a £3kish car.

Bide your time and wait for one to come up on here, you'll get a better car.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I think its worth the money to be honest! Why bring the cars value down anymore than it already is from people wanting to pay bugger all for a GTiR..

As for that Hiteq car for £4000! Bargin! The Quaife and Engine alone are worth more then that! Let alone what the rest of the car is worth!

O

Odin

marcymarc said:
defo not worth it, the guy whos selling needs a slap.

You an half talk some shite Marcy :doh: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: .

Rob

marcymarc

Odin said:
You an half talk some shite Marcy :doh: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: .

Rob

Says you :roll: , you do your fair share of talking shite so id shut up.

The one at 5500 is to expensive for what it is, why is that talking shite?
The one at 4000 is cheap as.... with loads more money spent on it.

Or was it the slap part?:lol:, sorry bit out of order, i didnt mean slap:roll: i ment round house kick:doh::lol:

davey red.r

agree with uncle pixie on that one, way over priced,believe their was a squire on here last month,cant remember the laddos name but the spec was as long as john holmes is intruder,think it went for 6k mine has lots of goodies hks eng quaiffe box is up 4 grabbies 5.5k shy bairns get nowt ,as cilla says tara for a bit :lol:

antgtir

Car 2 is the one id go for. The extra 1.5k you didnt spend as a result of turning the other down can be invested in the little things such as bodywork and other little toys. The major / costly work has been done by the sounds of it so a few other toys and it will be ready for some proper use and abuse.

Ant.

marcymarc

antgtir said:
Car 2 is the one id go for. The extra 1.5k you didnt spend as a result of turning the other down can be invested in the little things such as bodywork and other little toys. The major / costly work has been done by the sounds of it so a few other toys and it will be ready for some proper use and abuse.

Ant.

Exactly Ant.

jameswrx2

I'd go for the £5500 one out of the two.

There's something about that car I like, it looks mega clean and it looks the sort of car you wouldn't be dissapointed when you viewed it.

*IF* the car and mechanics are A1 then it's worth every bit of what the guy is asking. We all know how much all the niggly bits add up too. Say you pay £4k for a mediocre (sp) one then want some new buddy clubs and a clean up, then it needs other mechanical repairs etc then you'll end up a lot deeper in than £5500. That said I don't think he'll get the asking price for it as most people seem happy to pay £3k for a tired example, and then spend months and thousands getting it to an average condition

The £4k one, well it looks a bit rough in the pics and when that's the case they usually look a lot worse in the 'flesh'. It may well be a nice car but something tells me it's only £4k for a reason?