Insurance.....

Dangerous Dave

Well I've just started a new policy on the R..

well tbh I have started a new policy on my 2 pulsars and my 205gti that I forgot I owned :(

Anyway what do you think the insurance company came back with? Keep in mind I'm 28, 0 ncd and they priced the full lot for me......

Dangerous Dave

Bang on Andy well close enough it's £312 for the lot of them all with fixed values 1 R at 6.5k the other at 5.5k and the 205 at 5.5k

so happy days i had me renewal just for one pulsar that came in at £340 so to have all 3 insured for £312 bargin!!

Dangerous Dave

Unreal price!

first pulsar is standard as it should be out of the show room altho it does need a blow over an running 290bhp at 0.9

Second pulsar has 255 pump fmic gabs an a few other bits. Unknown power

an the pug is as it should be with goodwood leather seats an she had a respray a year before I bought it.

Dangerous Dave

Sorry didn't see your post it's with footman james on a classic policy. Still can't go wrong and they are giving me a call back about club discount

I will register this club if the mods are happy??

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
Can't see any mods having a problem with this? Anyone?, so it would be nice if you could sort this out.

Dangerous Dave

No probs like I say in waiting on a call back from them, my guess is that there will be something sent in the post to me so I will get hold of one of you then...they also take mods in to account and cover you for track days/sprints/hill climbs etc

MarkTurbo

Did you ever hear anything back from them?

My insurance is due for renewal in the next few days. I probably won't be driving my car now for a few months so asked if they could do me a cheaper policy if the car wasn't being driven but they won't so I either need to find somebody that will or a cheaper policy.

£380 is a lot of money for a policy where I might only use the car for 6 months out of 12.

MarkTurbo

Thinking about it I'd be better off keeping a normal policy running I think as I've got separate no claims on my sunny which would stop if I change to a classic or laid up policy?

Will have a ring round a couple of these companies tomorrow for a few quotes and see if I can knock it down a bit.

Dangerous Dave

Sorry I've not been on for some time been busy,

anyway i I am giving these a call tomorrow to give them a nudge as they've not got back to me yet.

bracpan

I have just insured a self built Camper van with Adrain Flux and they were very helpfull, I believe they also do classic cars, Kit cars and Modifieds etc.
I had my Pulsar with Reis Competition car insurance, never again a right bunch of rip off merchants...policy sounded cheap but they charge fortune for the slightest change plus when I sold the car they charged me over £100 for 11 days cover...never again.