im coming back to the dark side

A

andrewnorton

hi all im looking for another p i sold my R 4 or 5 years ago and since then had 2 Scooby's and a evo 4 now looking for a pulsar got 4k to spend so as long as its got a fmic im interested dose anyone know of a nice R for sale?

A

andrew

Hi mate, can you please give me some Evo 4 feedback as I am about to buy one.
Thanks
Andrew

O

Odin

andrew said:
Hi mate, can you please give me some Evo 4 feedback as I am about to buy one.
Thanks
Andrew

I test drove one a good few years ago and wasn't very impressed to be honest :yawn: , I loved the build quality but even my GTS-T skyline would of eaten it for breakfast, But my pulsar would of killed it to death with only 300 bhp.

Rob

A

andrew

I know they will not be as quick off the line.
But I have had my fair share of Pulsras.
I am really after a more refind, larger 4 door car for everyday driving.
So thats my main reason for going for the 4, and with 280bhp and handling to macth why not.
I am looking for a std one anyway.
Had enough of the loud exhaust etc..

Was thinking of either a Scoobie 4 door
Accord type r 4 door
golf v6 4 motion 4 door.

But i think its the evo 4 i am going for.

Still with 0-40 under 5 sec??? bet more like 5.5 for the evo 4, still is a great car.
It will be kept std too.

But for 0-60 lauching can't beat the pulsar, but then i think to myself, can i drive upto Scotland and back without thinking is this going to break on me.
Everyday in the pulsar you think that.
Although they are great cars, i am starting to hate the look, and see many young kids running about in them.
So as i said on the other forum, had my first pulsar in 2002,sold it, 2006 played with my fwd pulsar enough is enough...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Odin

I totally understand how you feel lol, But from what I've read the 4 is just about the worst EVO out of all of them :? :doh: .

I think out of that lot I'd ether have the Honda or the scoobie, I'm sure the Honda would be the easiest to live with and the best built out of the bunch.

Rob

Matty B

Before i bought my R i had a scoobie and before that i had an evo 3. Out of the lot i found that the scoobie was the quickest in a straight line but the EVO was a much better car to drive. It was also far quicker than both the R and the scoob round the bends. After about a year of the evo i just got bored with it, they are very easy to drive and make shit drivers look great. The R is far more of a drivers car but think i will definately have another evo. They are good but you wouldn't want one for too long. Also, if you are gonna buy one then save a bit and buy a 3. Early ones are more fun as they haven't got all that electronic rubbish slowing you down. But thats just my oppinion mate.

keggles2001

I took a honda accord for a test drive just before i got my latest R as i too wanted a more family oriantated car,they aren't bad for what they are,i tested a couple of pooby's:oops: and they were S**T so i some how ended up giving the missis £200 so i could have another R :thumbsup: or is it:der: i'm not sure LOL

A

andrew

Matty B said:
Also, if you are gonna buy one then save a bit and buy a 3. QUOTE]

save a bit and buy a 3??? wtf, i am after a 4 which is more expensive...lol....
don't like the looks of the 1-3

Cheers Odin...
I'll just read up on the accord type r but really have my mind set on the evo 4.

A

andrew

Odin said:
I totally understand how you feel lol, But from what I've read the 4 is just about the worst EVO out of all of them :? :doh: .

I think out of that lot I'd ether have the Honda or the scoobie, I'm sure the Honda would be the easiest to live with and the best built out of the bunch.

Rob
lol...The 4 only if crankwalk appears, but heh, people say gearboxs on pulsars i don not believe it

Matty B

I meant save yourself a couple of grand and buy an evo 3 instead of an evo 4 as evo 3's are cheaper. The early cars don't look quite as good i agree, but you can't see the bodywork when your driving, and trust me, the early cars are far more fun to drive. But i suppose it depends on what you want out of a motor.

Last edited by a moderator: