Ignition wires. Turbo timer push to start button ?

johnny gtir

Ok so i have searched and looked at the online manuals for our car can anybody tell me or say where i should be lookin to find what wires do what for ignition under steering cowl. Mine have been spliced i can only think for a turbo timer or push to start button. I know its not needed but though as its been done i might as well fit a turbo timer i have spare

sohail_gtir

Best thing to do is check the connector that comes out the ignition battery with a voltage meter probe, iirc the thick white 1 is constant live, black and white is ignition and the ground is all black but double check with a voltage meter

johnsy

Ok so i have searched and looked at the online manuals for our car can anybody tell me or say where i should be lookin to find what wires do what for ignition under steering cowl. Mine have been spliced i can only think for a turbo timer or push to start button. I know its not needed but though as its been done i might as well fit a turbo timer i have spare
Turbo timer, start button- you'll be going to the Barbour asking for a short back'n'naughty next :hide:

johnny gtir

Turbo timer, start button- you'll be going to the Barbour asking for a short back'n'naughty next :hide:
You bought ur new car yet ? I will probably fit turbo timer just beacuse its there and wires are spliced by previous owner but there is a hole in dash roughly size of push button not that i am fitting one.either way i want to tidy where they spliced

johnny gtir

Sohail thanks for the reply. Danny thanks as always. Ps this been a friendly site something i always wanted to ask what mods do i need for 1 bar :p

johnny gtir

little update i will add more as i test

ignition barrel side other side of plug ie cars harness

white n red 12v perminent live white
black n yellow earth black n white
black n white ignition feed 1 12v black n brown
blue ignition feed 2 12v white n blue

never ending wide arch one just waiting to hear back from edd

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Can you use this from the service manual to look-up what the wire assignments? - I think it's confusing because it just says "Bl" "Y" "Gr" rather than the colours.

I can't remember, but I think it's <Type II>

So Black/Red is ignition and Black/White is the starter?
White is permanent live for the lighting circuit?

johnsy

Not yet mate! Still waiting on shares to be sold! And then finding the right motor.

Im looking forward to cadwell on the 28th not been near a race track in a while