ignition and spark

nismoboy

Ive been told by a couple of tuners that pulsars suffer from miss fires when uping the boost which i am currently suffering from. i have

manacor leads
ngk iridiums heat range 9
msn blaster ss coil
new dizzy cap and rotor arm.

What else can i do (uprate) to make sure i get a good strong spark? to make sure the boost doesnt keep blowing it out.

J

jiw

you want heat range 8 plugs as i think 9 is standard heat range, also stick with the standard leads as they are more than good enough.

You might also want to fit an uprated fuel pump and rewire it so that you get 13+ volts at the pump, change fuel filter too, jeff :wink:

Shaun

Heat range 9 :shock: thats serious overkill,you need to come 1 range warmer i.e.heat range 8,as with a heat range 9 i would have thought they would keep fouling as they dont burn hot enough to clean themselves causing allsorts of running problems :wink:

C

carpy100

have you actually had any ignition problems or are you just freakin out a bit :D .
A GOOD SET OF PLUGS AND LEADS ARE FINE UP TO 400BHP.

nismoboy

Shaun said:
Heat range 9 :shock: thats serious overkill,you need to come 1 range warmer i.e.heat range 8,as with a heat range 9 i would have thought they would keep fouling as they dont burn hot enough to clean themselves causing allsorts of running problems :wink:
im running 23 psi (1,6 bar) so heat range 9 should be perfect.

nismoboy

carpy100 said:
have you actually had any ignition problems or are you just freakin out a bit :D .
A GOOD SET OF PLUGS AND LEADS ARE FINE UP TO 400BHP.
yes, its seems my spark keeps blowing out :cry:

Shaun

nismoboy said:
Shaun said:
im running 23 psi (1,6 bar) so heat range 9 should be perfect.
:oops: Sorry mate,didnt read your spec :lol: :lol: I was gonna put "Unless your running high boost ",but changed my mind and deleted it :lol: :lol: Yes mate,as you have said,next option is to try reducing the gap.