Identifying a Quaife gearset

Escy

How do I go about it? I doubt there is one fitted but following my discovery of a forged engine I've been told by someone that thinks they know my car from years back it used to have a Quaife gearset. It's not all that loud and doesn't whine so I doubt it has one now. I'm tempted to check anyway, just in case. The gearbox is in the car currently although the engine is out. I guess you can't tell from the bell housing end? If I pull the back of the gearbox off, would something be stamped Quaife?

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Does it whine like a rally car as it drives? My Quaife is noticeably noisier than a standard box.

Does it Rev to about 45mph in 1st and hit 65mph in 2nd? Quaife's have a slightly longer 1st and 2nd gear.

TBH, if you don't think it's whining then it probably isn't.

red reading

Post up the pics and I can soon tell you lads, I may have to put my banjo down and climb out of the tree for a bit.

Jon Olds

Taken a pic of my quaife gear through the same access point, for comparison, if someone wants to put the pic up for me. Thought this would be a useful thing to have on here.
If someone could pm me their email address, I will email the photo to them
cheers
Jon

Liam 589

Here is a picture of my quaife gear set through the filler hole. Or at least I hope it is as it cost allot more than a standard box lol