I think I'm going to need help with this one

LisaZ

Ohhhh thats just purfect thankyou:thumbsup:.

From the looks of it we still got lots of undoing of things before it comes out.
Paul took the slam pannel off but saw all of the wireing and then put it baclk on:lol:.

Paul R

Nope not much left to do (if I can get the blinkin prop bolts off that is).

One question, is it much of a problem to unbolt the box whilst the engine is still in place and take the engine up rather than down?

That way I don't have to hack the exhaust bolts off (which have seized) and at the moment the axle stands are one that front cross member that is supposed to be removed if the engine is being dropped.

cojack

I'm sure it can be done but a bit long winded. You best bet is drop the lot out the bottom.. Warm the exhaust bolt's up and they will come off if not take the down pipe off with the engine. Thats if you can get the cat bolt's undone.

LisaZ

cojack said:
If you get stuck i'm local and could always have a look for you had my R motor out twice so i know where it all live's and i'm a mechanic by trade.
urm what are you up to saturday daytime?:thumb:;-);-):chained:

cojack

Got a lot on this weekend starting work at porsche on monday so need to move my tool box's. Also the R has just lost all gear's and got stuck in 3rd if i get everything sorted i will try and get over to have a look.

LisaZ

cojack said:
Got a lot on this weekend starting work at porsche on monday so need to move my tool box's. Also the R has just lost all gear's and got stuck in 3rd if i get everything sorted i will try and get over to have a look.
No worries thankyou anyway .
Looks like it's gearbox month for R owners lol:roll: I hope you get it fixed soon .

Good luck starting your new job hope your first day goes well.

LisaZ

Update

Its the 9th of may now and its sat on the drive rotting with nothing been done to it since 24/01/07 engine still half out and gearbox in garage on floor still.

I'm peed off waiting
so I'm selling the mr2 now so will be without a car until its on the road so Paul will have to do something about it soon.

so hopefully will be driving it soon.

Mr GTiR

Has he still not done it yet?

Just take Pail's Evo until it's done, he'll soon shift his a$$ into gear :thumbsup:

LisaZ

Mr GTiR said:
Has he still not done it yet?

Just take Pail's Evo until it's done, he'll soon shift his a$$ into gear :thumbsup:
lol

oh i have threatened that but he said OK apart from to my work as not a very good area and likely to get banged in car park with doors etc.

will be seeing you on sat i believe for wheels.