I need a turbo.........

I

ikarl

As title really........ just desperate to get the car back on the road, what's available?

Cheers
Karl

youngsyp

Just be careful with that eBay turbo. As the seller has less than 98% positive feedback, if you have trouble with it or them, you;re on your own !

Paul

I

ikarl

yeah, tbh, that turbo's been on there for quite a while, I think last time it was on it was £275 buy it now......... unsure why the price has went up.......

I

ikarl

yeah, tbh, that turbo's been on there for quite a while, I think last time it was on it was £275 buy it now......... unsure why the price has went up.......

snoon

You could prob gets yours rebuilt for about 500 notes. Bit expensive but at least you'll get new parts and a warranty.

EVOBAD

dont buy nothing of ebay on if it is from eric just get a good secondhand one from bobby or rebuild your with better internals

C

CHRIS_2010

Ive got a hybrid tubo , i bought of a person on here, its in good condition with no play on the shafts. im only selling it as some one drove in2 the door on my pulsar.

£270

my number is 07793355256

chris

gtir_pimp

ikarl said:
that turbo has come down in price. started at £400 and then down to £375 and now what it is. it has been on there for a few weeks but hes not sure what stage it is, maybe doesnt even know if it has a 360 thrust bearing! the part number is there so you could check it out

mattytappy

I have tried looking up on the specs of this turbo and for the life of me i couldnt find out anything....even googled it and .......?????:roll:

So if anyone can enlightem us as i spoke to the guy and he has assured me there is absolutly no play in the shaft and it ran spot on when in the car, so any help would be appreciated guys and gals;-)

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
mattytappy said:
I have tried looking up on the specs of this turbo and for the life of me i couldnt find out anything....even googled it and .......?????:roll:

So if anyone can enlightem us as i spoke to the guy and he has assured me there is absolutly no play in the shaft and it ran spot on when in the car, so any help would be appreciated guys and gals;-)
Matt, why did you buy that tiddler, I think you'll find thats just a 360 degree standard turbo

mattytappy

i didnt it was a complete mistake on my part....i was trying to find out how low he would go and i made a offer well below the askin price and it accepted straight waway and i thought to my selfs.....oooohhhpppsss.....

Im getting a brand new 2871 as ive had my fair fill of flee bay junk...once bitten twicw shy....or was that supposed to be NEVER,EVER,EVER, AGAIN

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
mattytappy said:
i didnt it was a complete mistake on my part....i was trying to find out how low he would go and i made a offer well below the askin price and it accepted straight waway and i thought to my selfs.....oooohhhpppsss.....

Im getting a brand new 2871 as ive had my fair fill of flee bay junk...once bitten twicw shy....or was that supposed to be NEVER,EVER,EVER, AGAIN
Opp's, anyway I personally think the larger version (.86ar) of he 2871r is probably one of the best turbos out there for a road going R..........good choice 8)

olliecast

stevepudney said:
Opp's, anyway I personally think the larger version (.86ar) of he 2871r is probably one of the best turbos out there for a road going R..........good choice 8)
thats the one i`m going for!

matty, could you pm me the palce your getting yours from?

could go 2`s up and see if we could get some discount!

I

ikarl

not too sure whether to post this into the group buy section or not but I have spoken to the fella at GT3 Turbos........... He has said he will do the 2871r (.86ar) for £664.00 delivered (and he can get them delivered by next week) if 3 or more of us buy together.........
PM me if anyone is interested....

Cheers
Karl

mattytappy

with that sort of price im definatly interseted....ive spoke to him before about these and he mentioned the fact that we may need spacers....uuuhhhh.....i thought that these were a direct fit.?

If they are and he can confirm that they area direct fit and for that price im and defo in on that one karl...wink,wink

olliecast

ikarl said:
not too sure whether to post this into the group buy section or not but I have spoken to the fella at GT3 Turbos........... He has said he will do the 2871r (.86ar) for £664.00 delivered (and he can get them delivered by next week) if 3 or more of us buy together.........
PM me if anyone is interested....

Cheers
Karl
yeah as mattytappy said, could you see if its the bolt on type?

cheers ollie

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
the 2871 is defo a straight replacement for the standard turbo, same 5 bolt exhaust flange and it uses the standard steel 2" inlet pipe.

THERE ARE DEFINITELY NO CLEARANCE ISSUES.........