how to remove intake manifld

bensmith907

it is possiable, but very difficult. biggest problem I had was disconnecting all the hoses and I cant remember if I had to remove the hose behind the plenum (power steering I think)

ollydj

i took mine off yesterday, you need to bend a long 6mm allen key to get the top lid off. Thats the only special tool you need. If you still got the Y braket on it the it will be a bit more tricky. My first go took me 2 hours :lol:

pulsar_stu

12mm ratchet spanner and a magnet pen is all you need to remove the throttle bodies and plenum in one go!
Once its unbolted you can lift the one side and undo the water hoses and plugs.
The vack middle bolt is the trickiest! 1 tick at a time with the ratchet spanner lol

nasserkhan123

12mm ratchet spanner and a magnet pen is all you need to remove the throttle bodies and plenum in one go!
Once its unbolted you can lift the one side and undo the water hoses and plugs.
The vack middle bolt is the trickiest! 1 tick at a time with the ratchet spanner lol
best way mate without droppin the engine. but a few of them back nuts and bolts will take all day.

Jon Olds

So, so much easier if you bin all the tickover control (ISV) stuff. One of the best mods I have made (rally car)

tonyrally

snapon flexy head jobies are good for this i had mine off in around an hour an half. it took me longer to get the exhaust manifold off with them 2 awkward fekers in the middle underneath

nickblaster

lol it took me 45 min to remouve the engine because I cant remouve the bolt under becaue of the bracket and to big hands :( now time to cleen all the engine bay and remouve all the dam bracket !thx