How many uk sunny gtir's are still going

johnny gtir

Question to ask these days as the price rises how many are true sunny gtir's as there was a stage of vin plates going about off ones that were scrap

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
I know of much more than 5 out there that are still going strong.
What original cars , rhd sunny..you have two i have one, my old red one was written off and reshelled to a lhd, one in france is the same, whitey has 3 that all need building back up, bob has one that has seen better days, robert dods is a wide arch, marks is in pieces, scotts is in pieces and needs the shell refurbing..then there is the red one me and martyn had that is now sold on and the daily mail car...there is about 5 on the road? The rest are in bits and or not anything like a stock car.

martynp

What original cars , rhd sunny..you have two i have one, my old red one was written off and reshelled to a lhd, one in france is the same, whitey has 3 that all need building back up, bob has one that has seen better days, robert dods is a wide arch, marks is in pieces, scotts is in pieces and needs the shell refurbing..then there is the red one me and martyn had that is now sold on and the daily mail car...there is about 5 on the road? The rest are in bits and or not anything like a stock car.
Do you know who has a white 1 reg L769 NEO. ?

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
Darrens is another uk car thats wide arched, mark c also has a uk car that is wide arched, and pesh has one that i am not sure if it runs or not as he had nothing but trouble with it after an engine change and i have lost his phone number, as for l769 neo...i recognise that...its about still or was until very recent

warpspeed

Howmanyleft.co.uk says 25 licensed with 58 SORN'd, but those numbers could be skewed by imports registered as Sunnys
Definately skewed as that shows more than were built...

I have two uk's, yes both need rebuilding and one has a weld in cage in it so I'm not worried about originality with that one.

MarkTurbo

Mine will run but still loses a small amount of coolant. It wouldn't need much to get it mot'd and back on the road apart from time which I seem to have a serious lack of these days:pensive:

Every month or so i turn the engine over, roll it back and forward a few feet, press the brake & clutch pedals so hopefully when i do find time to sort it out nothing will be seized up. I've spent more time this year working on other cars and most of them are way more exciting than my sunny.

How many other white ones are left now then?