HOW DO I GET MORE TORQUE ?

J

jonnyboy

as the title say's ?

running 417 bhp and 288 lb torque :shock:

E

Edd

I guess it must be fookin quick though 8)

whats it like to drive?
also could run more boost to get more torque :wink:

J

jonnyboy

it feels pretty quick, but i just dont get that kick im looking for..................................more booooooooooost :twisted: :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Which is wrong the 417bhp or the 288lb/ft???

Or are you realy making max power at over 7600rpm? :shock:

Cooler charge, better mapping, bigger capacity, longer stroke, higher compression, nos, different cams, better turbo are some ways to get more torque.

S

srbpower

:shock: dan's 200 makes 280 odd bhp on abbey's dynopack, but makes just over 310lb/ft

Si :)

J

jonnyboy

i have hks 264 cam's and vernier pully's fitted. running a motec m48 pro, forged pistons, 600 injector's and a t67 turbo ? i was wondering if the torque could be gained with better mapping and a touch more boost ? currently on 1.5 ?

S

srbpower

srbpower said:
:shock: dan's 200 makes 280 odd bhp on abbey's dynopack, but makes just over 310lb/ft

Si :)
Decent engine management mate, that's what it is :D

geetee

quick apart from tring to accelerate up hill eh!

good off the lights?

what mods do u have and so u have a lightend flywheel?

Chers
GeeTee 8)

Sweeny

My old R was running 287lb of trq on standard everything apart from unichip & hks cams n pulleys on 1.2 bar! Sickboy has it now.

Sounds like it desperately needs mapping properly. I know a motec dealer, whos very good at mapping.

Ive pm'd you the details.

O

Odin

jonnyboy said:
as the title say's ?

running 417 bhp and 288 lb torque :shock:
I have the m48 pro and got 304lb's of torque at 1.2 bar on
the standard turbo and engine with 311 bhp :wink: so with
your setup you should see a lot more than that :? .

rob

Nad

Wrong spec of turbo possibly. If the exhaust side is too big could be losing torque. Could get a smaller one but then u will start getting compressor surge.

Nad[/code]

cmng

Nad said:
Wrong spec of turbo possibly. If the exhaust side is too big could be losing torque. Could get a smaller one but then u will start getting compressor surge.

Nad[/code]
T67..
it much bigger that T06 25G. may that reason
unless you have 2.2 Stroker kit