HKS Plugs

S

si.c R

Just wondering if anyone has used HKS s30i plugs in their car :?: At the moment i am only running standard boost :cry: with a few subtle mods but found that it didnt run very smoothly on these plugs. I know a few people are using the s40i plugs but i guess they are'nt on standard boost. Should i stick with the normal ngk plugs until i'm running more boost or are the s30i plugs worth the money they cost :?: :?: It could be that i didnt quite gap them properly would that have made a big difference in the running :?: If so does anyone know what they should be gapped at :?:

M

memski

Stick with the NGKs. For standard boost I think the gap is 0.9mm. No need to uprate until you run more boost (and even then the NGKs can cope, you just need to close the gap a little more in most cases but your tuner will tell you if the spark is blowing out when he sets up your car :wink: )

sypher

are the plugs you are talking about hks iridium its just i've got a mag from a while ago that hiteq advise these as part of stage 1.. and what hp can the ngk plugs cope with

S

si.c R

Yes they are HKS iridium plugs, I was told by a certain unamed company that they were advisable if you are modifying an R but before you up the boost. I paid nearly £70 and when i fitted them to the car it ran like S*!t replaced them with the old ngk plugs and she felt much better. When i take the boost up to 1 bar i will get the S40i but until then i think i will stick with me ngk's :roll:

sypher

sorry if i'm annoying the sh17 outa ya i thought if these plugs were creating a better spark it would give you smoother idle and a more free reving engine post your opinions both at idle and running upto and on boost :? :? :? :?

S

si.c R

Those were the reasons i bought the plugs in the first place but i have to say they made the car feel really unhappy. It might have been that i didnt gap them right but i think it is more that they are'nt suited to our cars on standard boost. I have heard that the S40's are definatly worth while on a car that is running 1 bar but on standard boost i think i will stick with the ngk's. The original plugs that came with the car were ngk's and they looked pretty old but they felt alot better on the car than the hks plugs did. I think boost plays a big part though. The standard car i would say should use standard plugs but up the boost and from what i have heard uprated plugs are your best bet.