HKS intercooler kit- missing pipework

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is what I was hoping, the original point of what happened to me in a sale on the forum is diverted into who the individual buyer is, so the forum and mods can take a blind eye on this one and let it swing, brush it under the table.

Thanks

I knew it will turn to this, so I am done.

Funny how the old ones, Mark, Ash..lol pop by again just to have a dig.I'll be looking to see when the next person complians to being sold something, then I will see the forums reaction.

As mentioned just to prove this forum is bias towards me.

A point of view from another forum, who do not know either of us...

I will leave you all with these responses from them to ponder.
It is what others who view this thread are looking at...race card? North/ South divide? Anger towards me from a sale thread a few years ago when the only people who know the truth are 4 people, yet the rest of you join in on what you have read and been told.

Other forum comments...

I'm pretty newby when it comes to turbo stuff, but I dont like the crack in the manifold, or the way it attaches to the manifold. I hope you didn't pay much for that stuff..
man... i feel sorry for you guys over seas sometimes.. you pay sooo much for stuff..
take all the heat wrap off and inspect the rest of the manifold, i bet it looks like poop. i wouldn't have paid much for that thing at all. also used turbos usually dont sell for a whole lot, cause who knows how they were treated an such..
i'm not at liberty to discuss how much i paid for stuff, but i got: turbo, manifold, wastegate, bov, sti injectors, auto meter gauges(boost, oil pres, oil temp, water temp), downpipe, intercooler and some other random stuff for about the price you paid.
i do hope it works well for you though, just get that manifold fixed and take the thing to someone who can tune it or your going to be back on here selling stuff.

Dude....RETURN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not joking when I say the turbo kit pictured is a dog and not suited to the ve at all. Laggy, small turbine and mismatched comp wheel. Return it.

There are no different views....I am sure boostlee thought your turbo was a gt30r (aka gt3076) and did not realise it was a gt3040r (aka gt3082r) The reason for this is that turbo is rarely used anymore because its a laggy outdated piece of crap. On the assumption your turbo was a gt3076r his post was correct and it would be a good choice. However it is not.
Trust me that turbo is a dog, it has a huge 82mm compressor that creates lag and the small gt30 wheel does not keep up and creates a restriction.

Lets look further again....

So what in the kit is usefull to you?
manifold.....no its use by date has passed
turbo.........no, its a pos there are a number of Chinese ones I would recommend instead.
oil and coolant lines....no you need new ones

i just cracked a manifold. what did i do with it? I THREW IT IN THE TRASH cause a cracked manifold is trash and should not be put back on the car.
also i would listen to these guys they have never steered me in the wrong direction but youll learn to listen one day.

ALSO from looking at the pics with the kit mounted up to the car:
call me crazy but looks like you bought this kit from looking at those pics. to me that is when who ever you got the kit from just got it him/her self. Dont look like you went by TODAYS photos.
from the pics you showed from the pics of it installed on the car it came off of, it looks like this kit has been well USED!
I see nothing but headaches if you use this kit man.
it also looks to be very old and i wouldnt want to put that on my car.
look at how shiny the piping was to now its rusted? has it been sitting out in the yard or in a creek somewhere?
you could of bought a better kit for what you paid for this one.
-C.Lawless
Yep, as CA mentioned, I thought you went with a GT3071 or 3076......
That turbo (after some research) is somewhat of a bastard step child and was available a long time ago from ATP (as well as a few other companies). I think they dropped for for the very reason of the 3071 and 76 coming out.

ditch the turbo and manifold. Get a better turbo and manifold.

GET YOUR MONEY BACK DUDE!

nothing bothers us more on this forum that people who ask for advice, then not take it.
we want you to have a good setup bro!

Fucking selling it......
Try and get your money back first. I wish you luck.
Sorry for causing you confusion. I just stated my honest opinion. If you can get you money back will make your life a whole lot easier.
sr20ve-t94 said:
GET YOUR MONEY BACK BRO. That kit looks like a piece of shit and you paid basically for the laggy turbo and intercooler! all the other parts are crap man.

warpspeed

so basically the posts are all saying the turbo's not suitable for a ve and it's 'laggy'
one poster states he would chuck a cracked manifold in the bin, that's his opinion, how much technical knowledge does he actually have? maybe someone else told him that's what he should do and it's just stuck in his head.

posting up bits from other threads is worthless, especially when the bits you post up seem to be worthless drivel...

warpspeed

ok, just looked at the thread mentioned above and the poster who tell you to dump the manifold is by his own admission in the same post that you chopped yourself to suit your purposes a.......wait for it........NEWBIE!

Taking advise of someone that doesn't know what they are talking about, how smart are you!????

Mad

Ive been in a gtir with a GT3040 and definately was not laggy.

If I remember rightly, they suffer with surging due to the differences in size between the exhaust and compressor housings hence why there were discontinued.

I think the same poster said that he would recommend a chinese manifold instead. WTF, they are even more prone to cracking than others.

Im not taking sides on this but half the comments in your thread are slagging off your parts which is not relevant to your issues.

billy187

Cant believe all this is still going on.

End of the day Andrew has been sold items which dont match their description (im guessing he wasnt told the manifold was cracked or that pipes were missing which is why he bought it) and whoever he paid for the items should refund him.

I know i wouldn't have been happy if i received those bits like that and at the end of the day not all of us want to be running around getting a manifold welded up and pipes fabricated up.

Mad

I certainly don't think Rob knew about the manifold and as he is selling on behalf of Bruce it makes the situation difficult.

Forgetting about any previous transactions or history, I would expect that if I was buying parts and found the manifold cracked and intercooler pipes missing to be either given a refund or money back to repair and replace the missing items but if I did not pay a lot of money for the items then I would probably not be too bothered about it.

If Rob has given the money over to Bruce already then you have to take this up with Bruce, surely.

In the law of the land when I used to be in the trade, I acted as a go between between a mate and a turbo supplier and his turbo's were not as described and when the turbo company refused to pay him out, he took me to court and I lost.

I was not happy (obviously), especially being a so called mate but that was the court's decision so I had to deal with it.

vpulsar

If Rob has given the money over to Bruce already then you have to take this up with Bruce, surely.

I've never had any of the money apart from what it cost me to pack and send the stuff which I also didn't make any profit from, Everything I've sold from Bruces car bar one sale I've given the buyer Bruces bank details and they paid him, I didn't want anything to do with the money.

I didn't even want to break the bloody thing, I said i would do it just after I broke mine thinking that his car would arrive very soon but it didn't arrive at mine for nearly 2 years by the time Bruce had resolved all the court cases he had with tuners and actually got his car back, To break bruce's car all I got paid was £150 which was the amount I owned Bruce at the time so you can see why I wasn't really that interested in putting a lot of effort into checking over his shite, I'd already spent hours and hours not only breaking the bloody thing but putting up for sale threads taking pictures/answering questions about this and that,And I don't really know much about turbo's either and whats good for what set up. With my own car I took advice from those that do, So whether it was suitable for Andy's needs or not well that was up to him to do the research.

I've just sold his gas flowed head/cams/pulleys but this time I'm sending them out with out out getting paid for them, I want to make sure the buyer is happy with what he is getting first then he can pay Bruce directly for the parts I'm just getting £20 to pack them up and send them. I wouldn't of done the same thing with Andy because his track record isn't very good is it. But even though I think he's a plonker I do think he has a case regarding the manifold and I'd of expected Bruce to either take it back for a refund or pay to have it repaired. regarding the missing pipework well he got what came with the car I didn't lay it out or even look at it apart to go around the garage finding all the pipes I had and chucking them in a box its not hard to make up the missing bits is it, he's being an old woman.

Rob

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'd of expected Bruce to either take it back for a refund or pay to have it repaired. regarding the missing pipework well he got what came with the car I didn't lay it out or even look at it apart to go around the garage finding all the pipes I had and chucking them in a box its not hard to make up the missing bits is it.
That kind of says it all really.

topdoggtir

Cant believe all this is still going on.

End of the day Andrew has been sold items which dont match their description (im guessing he wasnt told the manifold was cracked or that pipes were missing which is why he bought it) and whoever he paid for the items should refund him.

I know i wouldn't have been happy if i received those bits like that and at the end of the day not all of us want to be running around getting a manifold welded up and pipes fabricated up.
That says it all really.

GTIR1000

bored of seeing this now on the home page, i want to come on to the forum to read interesting topics no this garbage thats been goign on now for to long

Status
Not open for further replies.