Hispec Caliber Bleed Nipple Snapped - Rebuild?

billy187

Hispec Caliper Bleed Nipple Snapped - Rebuild?

Hi Guys,

I have had this brake kit sat in the garage now for a few months after taking it off my car, the car had been sat with them on for a year or two and when we tried bleeding them one of the bleed nipples completely snapped off, is there anyone that can be done to sort this out? Other than that the calipers look to be in very good condition. If not too expensive i dont mind sending them off to get rebuilt though if needed?

Pictures below:

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Drill it out and re-tap if necessary? - I don't think it's an uncommon problem.

Sunny-D

Had a similar problem but instead of shearing it stripped the threads. I sent them back to hispec and it cost a small fortune. If I had to do it again I would probably take them to a local machinist.

MarkTurbo

I've done a few that have broken off like that. I always clean it up then tig weld a small piece of hex bar to the top of the snapped nipple, if you put a spanner on it straight away the heat from welding helps loosen it.

Works about 90% of the time anyway.

vss irvine

I had this problem with an ap racing caliper.

We used spark erosion to remove the rest of the bleed nipple then cleaned the thread up.

This due to the ezi-out snapping inside the remainder of the bleed nipple.

Greygtir

I had same probs in these.

Drilled them out and tapped then to m12 and put stainless nut into them which then a stainless nipple goes into the nut. Problem solved. Will never have this problem again