high miler

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
Antgtir has about 130,000 on the car. Any car with high mileage will need to be checked out as it starts going like 'poo' after a while.

MarkTurbo

Aimee said:
Any car with high mileage will need to be checked out as it starts going like 'poo' after a while.
Not always true, you'd be better off going by how the engines been looked after ;-)

If i had the choice between a 50,000 mile engine with no history and a 100,000 mile engine with loads of reciepts/service history etc i'd take the one with higher milage everytime!

Ricky_GTi-R

Mate your best bet is really to have a look through the for sale section on this site and buy a decent car from it, to many horror stories from ebay (1st hand experience with such). You are pretty much guaranteed to get a good motor from an Owners Club as the people on it tend to be finatics about the chosen car, in this case the GTi-R:cool:

paz

MarkTurbo said:
Not always true, you'd be better off going by how the engines been looked after ;-)

If i had the choice between a 50,000 mile engine with no history and a 100,000 mile engine with loads of reciepts/service history etc i'd take the one with higher milage everytime!
Ditto. Think I'm just under 90k now and the engines spot on :thumbsup:

There's a few floating about with high mileage engines, but if they've been looked after properly they're fine :)

Paz

CruiseGTi-R

if the car is jdm, it might be the 145k is either km, or most of it is km.

btw, reading the notes he's written, it sounds like a more honest sale than most I've seen. Always good to see listed problems like the knocking and dents and stuff.

worth a look perhaps, good price too. I always reckon meeting the owner and seeing what they are like is half the story about the condition of the car.

(whilst on mileage mine has almost 90k, have done 17k happy miles in the last year)

Last edited:

MarkTurbo

paz said:
Ditto. Think I'm just under 90k now and the engines spot on :thumbsup:

There's a few floating about with high mileage engines, but if they've been looked after properly they're fine :)

Paz
Mines just passed 130,000 miles, never been rebuilt, and running silly amounts of boost and its still spot on :thumbsup:

Its all down to how they're looked after ;-)

paz

MarkTurbo said:
Mines just passed 130,000 miles, never been rebuilt, and running silly amounts of boost and its still spot on :thumbsup:

Its all down to how they're looked after ;-)
Tis indeed. I remembered you were somewhere around that but didn't want to say incase I got it wrong :lol:

Mine was going up a little too nicely until it came my second car and its pretty much stopped moving at all since :( :lol:

paz

antgtir

134000 on the clock, however 75k was in km so the rough mileage is around the 105k miles, however what Markturbo has said is exactly right, if the car has been looked after and serviced regularly etc etc the car will run for many more thousands of miles. I used to have a guy come into my old works place in a taxi he had had for an age, it was an old granada or something like and had 500k miles on the clock and that was a petrol and was runningsweet as a nut:shock:

These cars are now at least 12 years old so say the avaerage of 12k miles per year is put on the R then thats 144k miles. IMO if you can reduce the mileage all good and well however the R was built to be driven, parts can always be replaced its just whether you have the cash to do it or you are willing.

It could be worse for the car for it to be stood 10 months of the year and not run??

Ant.