hi-spec brake pads

the chief

how do i change the brake pads on these calipers? on the pads theres two holes at the top with rods that go threw them. these rods go to each side of the caliper. how do i get the rods out? do i bash em out with the calipers still on or do i take them of first?
cheers guys

There should be little pins going through a hole in the rods, remove them and the rods should pull out from one end fairly easily. You should be able to remove the pads without taking the caliper off I think...

S

Stevieo350

new to this site can anyone tell me how to create a new post ?

Stupid i know BUT ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY

Probably so simple

They should slide out fairly easily fella, maybe give them a squirt with wd40 and grip them in the middle with a pair of pliers and ease them out. I can't really think why they wouldn't come out unless the retaining pins snapped and left a bit in the hole...

P

pulsarboby

they do tend to corrode in holes after a time!
dont bash them with just a hammer, get a centre punch and give them a sharp whack, if you hit them with a hammer you will burr the ends over then they will not go through holes! as cambridge pulsar said, give them a good dousing with penetrating oil, before you wallop them!

Nigell_d6

pulsarboby said:
get a centre punch and give them a sharp whack, if you hit them with a hammer you will burr the ends over
I think he means a pin punch, (flat end), if you use a centre punch, ( pointed end), you definately will splay the end out.

sorry to contradict

Nigel