Help me choose a TURBO for 400 bhp

Dooie Pop Pop

Kev (GtirPulsar) has got a rather trick manifold on his motor that uses the original position, Carl (gtir303) is testing one atm that also uses the original placing :wink:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Dooie Pop Pop said:
and THEN pull onto a dc slip road in 2nd and give it 2/3 throttle expecting to get 1barish and a bit of pull, only to have to cross the steering wheel twice as you power slide onto the carrageway banging off the limiter :shock:

after all that (i sh1te my pants more than she did) you check the peak hold on your bc you will find that you can max the 3071r at 2.5bar :shock:

GOOD LAD!!.... :twisted:

You'll come round to my way of thinking soon enough... You're already tempted... :lol:

And for that little moment you were probably running about 450bhp/400lb.ft... :shock: :p :twisted:

PowerFC, 700cc Injectors, 2.2bar!!... WOAH!...

Rishi

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Stu,

Just noticed that you already have 700cc Injectors, Z32 MAF and E-Manage... :D

What the fcuk are you waiting for!!!!..... :p

Show me the BOOOOOOOST!!!.... :twisted:

Rishi

C

Crazy

vpulsar said:
Just remember that the DP manifold puts the turbo in a dif position than standard, So you will need to get a custom down pipe and not one that will fit the standard turbo position :wink: .

rob
Thats right Shayne, thats the main reason why I sold it in the first place :wink: DP said they would knock me up a custom one and modify my Mongoose front pipe but it would not be cheap so I just left it :roll:

Dooie Pop Pop

yhpm Rishi i need a map sensor mate and a clamp to keep the the fpr vacuum hose on :lol:
then there' s the wi and fuel cooler to finish :wink:

but first maybe a minor brake upgrade just for safety' s sake :lol:

sorry bout the thread Shane the turbo' s a good choice but i do seriously think its about a big as you can go with an internal gate, you may get creep problems you may not. appently derestricting the turbo by using a 3inch exhaust makes it worse. not that i mind 1.4bar by 3500rpm :wink:

iv also found that i have an .8 actuator fitted not the 1bar jobby i thought it had, this is going to limit the amount of boost i can run a little but i kinda look on that as a blessing in disguise :)

stu

ShayneG

GT3071R-WG does it have to have an external wastegate as ATP says it does :?:

Also what is the actuator :?: They say I have to but this seperate :?

Sweeny

ShayneG said:
GT3071R-WG does it have to have an external wastegate as ATP says it does :?:

Also what is the actuator :?: They say I have to but this seperate :?
I would get it from Turbo Technics mate as they can/will supply the turbo as a direct fit for your car without any messing about with the actuator etc. It might cost you more but worth it in the long run as its a supplier in this country and is a direct fit with no worries.

And just to clear it up, atp obviously don't know what the're selling. Just ask them to take a look at their homepage

"3071R-WG, THE INTERNALLY WASTEGATED TURBO" :roll: :lol: :lol:

Dooie Pop Pop

speak to Ashills he can get a direct fit turbo from turbodynamics complete with actuator and bracket ready to go. thats where mine came from :wink:

stu

Sweeny

Dooie Pop Pop said:
speak to Ashills he can get a direct fit turbo from turbodynamics complete with actuator and bracket ready to go. thats where mine came from :wink:

stu
Yeah, Turbodynamics lol, thats the place i meant, not turbo technics :x :oops: :lol: .