Help lost gear selection

cojack

Just been out for a drive in the R and as i was passing some parked cars some twat in an audi forced me to back up my right of was of course.

Then when i drove off 1st and 2nd felt ok but when i went for 3rd i thought that felt a bit different and moved the stick and it feel's like there is no gear gate is only the best way to discribe it or stirring a bowl of soup lol.

Had a look under car but can't see nothing hanging down but it is dark. So will check in the light

Has anybody heard of the gearbox dropping any detents or experenced anything like this. All the gears are there and there was no noise when this happened. :cry:

Any help would be great.

MarkTurbo

cojack said:
Has anybody heard of the gearbox dropping any detents or experenced anything like this. All the gears are there and there was no noise when this happened. :cry:
So you can select all the gears now then? Is it just like theres no resistance when you push the lever to select 3rd? What about 4th, does that feel normal?

cojack

Yes you can get all the gear's but selection is very sloppy. Is there return spring's underneath the gear lever?

cojack

Cheers mark hopefully it's the spring. Can't them detent bolt's coming out cos i used sealer when put them back in after i resealed the box last year.

cojack

Well don't think it a detent something fell off when i was on my way to take it work and now it's stuck in 3rd.

Had a quick look but can't see very much. Any body got any pic's of the gear selector to refresh my mind. I think it's something to do with the fixed selector rod as when i had a look under the car the selector is still attched to the box.

G

gtir404bhp

A Would Say The Syncro Is On Its Way Out Mate A Had The Same Prob Twice Be4 A Got My Queiff Box & Thats What It Was.

cojack

It's not a syncro. Something on the external has come off. The gear stick just flops around and it is stuck in 3rd.

cojack

It's only stuck in gear cos the something off the external gear/lever selector has fallen off. It hit the bottom of the car so it's nothing to do with anything inside the box!!!

MarkTurbo

cojack said:
It's only stuck in gear cos the something off the external gear/lever selector has fallen off
The "something" :lol: Is that a technical term :lol:

The only other thing i can think of is that the stabiliser bar that runs from the underneath of the gear lever to the box has come loose ;-) Get it up in the air and have a proper look for fooks sake :lol:

abyss

check your roll bar hasn't sustained any damage thus pushing up the way blocking selector levers