HELP idles 1.5rev per min +fault code 3.4 +Loud tappet sound

A

Anonymous

Hi there can any help?

1) My Pulsar idles at 1.5 revs per min even when the car has been driven and is warmed up. there is also alot of tappet noise if i was to change the oil would that solve the problem?

2) I have a fault code of 3.4 i beleive that is the DET Sensor i haven't really noticed what affect that has on the car, as i bought the car with the fault showing my turbo feels like it kicks in at 4000rpm and it doesn't really feel that it is fast at all would changing the sensor kick the turbo in at 2000rpm like it should or doesnt it need setting on the rollers.

i dont want to be wasting money on a sensor as it cost a fortune from nissan and cost about the same fitting . i dont want to put a secondhand one as that might be faulty then i would lose my labour costs.[/img]

Shaun

:D Hi mate,your high idle could be a number of things and is quite common on the 'R' :wink: .Make sure all your boost hoses are tight and check your vacum hoses.As for your tappets(solid type lifters)an oilchange is always good on the 'R' and could help if the oil you have in is too thin i.e.5/30 as you will need a 10/60 fully synthetic.As for the DET sensor,with the code showing the ECU has recognised that there is a fault with it and will have gone into safemode reducing your power and drinking you fuel :wink: .Before you go into the cost of replacing it, it would pay you to check the connections and the wires to the det sensor first as these are a common cause for the fault.

R

r5ben

what happens with the wires do they brake at the plug or just come off :?