Helix Organic or RPS Max? Discuss....

dombat

Think it's time for a clutch. It seems that the RPS or Helix seem to be the one's everybody mentions.

Which wouild you get? Only running standard power currently but might go up to 350 bhp at some point. Will never get launched but needs good drivability.

Also, theres a post currently about someone's "clutch release fork" busting. Is it worth replacing this at the same time?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Helix organic is rated to around that sort of level, so if you're never going to launch and don't always thrash the car, you should be OK with that clutch.
RPS might be abit of overkill, but will do the job.

You could replace the fork if you want. Also the hose for a braided one and even consider replacing the master and slave cylinders if you realy want to.

M

Mondorno

I have the RPS MAX Organic Street clutch. After fitting I noticed a really hard clutch pedal. It seems to be perfect for launches but its a nightmare in city traffic.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
The RPS are not the best round town, I’d really put that down to the heaviness of it.

Driving wise I think its great and holds is self rather well, no problems or slipping either, however I’ve had the clutch fork out a few times from it being punctured, not sure if this is due to the heaviness of it?

Fastguy - have you (or anyone else) had this kind of related problem?

pete-r

Ive got the RPS and its a nice solid clutch.I launched it a few times when i got the car back and was very impressed.

B

beast14

I just ordered the RPS Max 6puk clutch kit.........should be getting it later this week............but have heard very good reviews of all their clutches! I can't wait to unleash the beast!!!

Fazz

I've the Helix Organic.

ITs lasted a long time and only issue I'd have is when launching a fe times it starts to slip a little round the 3rd launch in a row..

This however is a plus side as it goes easy on teh box and is a feature of the organic..

If it saves the gearbox, I ain't changing it basically! :)

Not too heavy... thou heavier than any other one's I've used. But useable.

GTiR_Mic

beast14 said:
I just ordered the RPS Max 6puk clutch kit.........should be getting it later this week............but have heard very good reviews of all their clutches! I can't wait to unleash the beast!!!
I got that one through the door last week, it looks a good clutch. Not to bad for £330.00

Mic