Head gasket

DanValv3r

I know this may have been posted many a time but just wondering roughly how hard it is and how long it takes to change a head gasket on an R???

any help would be much appriciated

Dan

GTiR_Mic

In the book it states about 11-15 hours to do and it does seem a bit of a coont to do by the sounds of it.

To get someone to do it oyu are looking at £600.00 or if you are not to far from Essex you could alwys speak to Pulsarboby.

Mic

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
GTiR_Mic said:
In the book it states about 11-15 hours to do and it does seem a bit of a coont to do by the sounds of it.

To get someone to do it oyu are looking at £600.00 or if you are not to far from Essex you could alwys speak to Pulsarboby.

Mic
These times will be for a std car,if you've got a fmic it'll be a lot less ;-)

DanValv3r

FMIC??? sorry i new to the pulsar world hehehe

well i know i can do a gasket myself but thought id get some advice from you all, what to do and what not to do and so forth

will definatly fit a better head gasket, what will you all recomend??

GTiR_Mic

DanValv3r said:

well i know i can do a gasket myself but thought id get some advice from you all, what to do and what not to do and so forth

I got a Cometic 1.2mm head gasket mate. Will pm you a number to call and price if you want?

Mic

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
DanValv3r said:

Front Mounted Inter Cooler ;-)

Cometic seem to be good.I'm getting a 1.7mm 5 layer gasket made up right now :thumbsup:

MarkTurbo

GTiR_Mic said:
When mine had its little valve bending incident i think the head was off in about 2 hours and it probably took around 5-6 hours in total :lol: