Had my car on the roller's tonight

O

Odin

Hello people :thumbsup: .

Took my car to Wallace performance tonight to get the susp checked and sorted after there guy had got it wrong last time, Give them there due they rechecked it and found it to be way out and spent 2 hours free of charge making it perfect 8) ;-) , And opoligised for getting wrong in the first place.

Russ also put it on the rollers to check the fueling and to do a free power run 8) :thumbsup: , It made 399.6 bhp at 1.4-1.5bar which is pretty good for a standard engine lol, He did say if he leaned it out at the top end I could of made another 30-40 bhp but he's trying to keep it in one piece lol :lol: :lol: :lol: .

SO thanks to Russ TOP JOB FELLA :thumbsup: .

Rob

P

powerfreack

glad you got it sorted mate

are you going to bother going any higher than 400bhp

J

jpward

Ohh nice one pitty it wasnt a couple of points higher hehe

Didnt realise you ran a standard engine :shock:

S

Stoned

haha 399
That would really **** me off :D

Go stick some octane booster in there and get it to 400 :)

GTiR_Mic

Nice power figure I think......Russ did spend a lot of time on the car, was really good of him to do so.

At least he did help me out with my acuator problem :)

Also with these rollers they are slightly down on the power figures as well.

Mic

O

Odin

Stoned said:
haha 399
That would really **** me off :D
You know mate....... your dead bl00dy right :doh: , It does pi55 me right off to be 0.4 away from 400 bhp :oops: :cry: .

Its enough to make me want to go out kick the fooking 5hit out of a chav :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: .

Rob

O

Odin

Dooie Pop Pop said:
you leave your daughter out of it, take it out on Mic instead;-)
Pi55 off :evil: , My daughter has dumped her chav boyfriend and has now seen the light :thumbsup: , So I know have four daughter and not a chav in sight 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Mic maybe be a youngster but he defo isn't no chav :shock: :lol: , cross dressing ladyboy maybe but chav no ;-) .

Rob

O

Odin

SickBoy said:
Rob is the coilovers all they should be now ????

Lee

Not had a real go out in the car yet mate, But I will say that being as hard as they are make it pants in the wet, But now the tracking is done properly it should be really good in the dry, I still think the answer is to fit softer springs for all round good handling in the dry and wet conditions.

If you follow the touring car you will notice that they run a lot softer set up in the wet, The hard spring's are just rubbish if it's really wet like last night on the way home :oops: .

But I'll report back later after I've been for a little spin :twisted: :thumbsup: .

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

CruiseGTi-R

so its still stands that 400bhp isn't possible on a standard engine :lol:

you'll have to get a full re-build and better turbo - might just about crack 400 then :-D

(good going ;-) )

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
Aww what a shame its 0.4 away from 400bhp!

Well done anyway:thumbsup: - its still a good result!!;-)

Aimee

A

AJ4

by the time you add your lardy bulk to the car it will be the equivalent of 250 bhp so your wasting your time anyway :D

Fazz

400bhp !!

Rob,

xcellent result, and coming from an Accounant you did get 400 bhp.

Nobody uses decimal points in bhp, and we all know to round up if your at the .51 or above, so 400bhp it is! End of!

Good to see standard internals holding out, and not too much boost to get there!

You running a 3071 or 28rs or other???

O

Odin

Fazz said:
Rob,

xcellent result, and coming from an Accounant you did get 400 bhp.

Nobody uses decimal points in bhp, and we all know to round up if your at the .51 or above, so 400bhp it is! End of!

Good to see standard internals holding out, and not too much boost to get there!

You running a 3071 or 28rs or other???

Thanks very much Fazz, My wife's a finance director and she said the same thing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

As for the turbo Its a JGY BB 37R twin roller bearing jobie :thumbsup: , Its a bit slow spooling but my god when it does go it really goes :shock: :twisted: .

I was talking to Russ at wallace last night and he recon's changing to a 3542 once I rebuild my engine will give me even more power and a quicker spool up 8) , But I'll wait till I sort out a new top mount manifold and full 3" system first.

Rob

MarkTurbo

Rob, you're a big liar :shock:

Everybody knows the standard pistons will only take 1 bar on a standard turbo :lol: :lol: :lol: