H Plate R for sale, (ideal Track car)

Here i have my 2nd R for sale.

Its a Black 1990 H Plate, with 115000 on the clock, but have changed the clocks to ones that show 90 thou, to get to the bottom of an intermittant speedo not working.

Engine has had a complete full rebuild, done less than 2000 miles and starts first turn of key.
Oil pressure on cold startup it over 100 psi on my mechanical gage i had fitted to it.
Once warm , inside gauge sites perfectly abouve 2 Bar and rises to just above 4 cruising, and up to 6 when booted.
Engine was rebult using ACL main and big end bearings and craqnk was reground.
New oil pump fitted from frsport in america.
New water pump fitted.
New piston rings fitted.
Engine did have a cometic HG fitted but that let go after about 500 miles.
So has a standard blueprint one fitted now.
Head could do with re shimming, as i didnt trust myself doing this, incase i burned out a valve seat or that.
Gizzmo thermal intake gasket fitted.
PCV valve all removed and along with charcoal cannister.
Seperate oil catch can fitted.
All Vacuum pipes where renewed at rebuild also.
Think it has an Autobahn 88 FMIC fitted, with intercooler pipes all lagged within engine bay.
Car is still running a standard turbo. With HKS Actuator. Has been running standard boost since rebuild, and also has the standard boost controller set up,with manifold lagged aswell.
Has a Goose Exhaust system fitted to it with a 4" rolled inwards tail pipe.
New knock sensor fitted aswell during rebuild :)
Has a set of Magnecor leads
Irridium plugs fitted at rebuild too, along with a new Dizzy cap and rotar arm

So its ready to be used everyday with no worries whats so ever :)

Has a full reconned box fitted to it, with has done less than 2000 miles, as i got it done same time engine was out.Selects every gear perfectly.
Could benefit from a short shifter, or an uprated bush on the selector.
New HElix Organic clutch fitted at same time.
Also changed the Clutch Master and slave cylinders aswell.
Clutch suport bracket also fitted to pedal box.

Car is running a set of Tein HA coilovers, to which drivers side one could benefit from a service, as its starting to knock.

It has a set of 16" Alloys fitted too, with 4 195/45/16 Uniroyal Rainsports. All with 5mm of tread, but will confirm this.

Car is currently running standard brakes, which are really spongy.
But will give them some new fluid and a bleed up to get a good pedal again, as they only went spongy after it sat with the hand brake on while it was up in the air getting its rebuild done.
Did have evo 3 calipers and that to fit to it, but i fitted these onto my new one.

BAD BIts on car are the usual rust areas.
Drivers door cheque has rust on it.
Rear passenger side quarter has a hole in it at the rear of quarter.
both front arches are rusting on the lower part of the wing.

Speedo is a bit tempramental, it works when it wants too basically.

Car is taxed till end of MArch 09
Mot is valid until 20th March 09

I would break the car myself, but do not have the time or space to do this,so i have to let it go as a whole.

Theirs prob more i have forgot, but feel free to ask questions.

This is ideal for some with a tired engine and box, as it will just be a case of lifting the whole engine and running gear back into your R, and you will have a fresh engine and box.

£1400 ono, it owes me alot more for the time and parts for the rebuild, but open to offers aswell.

Cars private plate should be off the car this week also.

Here are the pics of the car.

Clocks and dials at warm tick over.

Rust rear arch only nit that is really letting it down :(

This is the rust on the door cheque at drivers side

And these are the 16`s that will be put on it, when i get home from work at the weekend

Engine Bay and interior pics

Last edited:
G

GTI-R Kid

Just my luck :doh:

Cheers Martyn 8)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr GTiR

Ah come on, I'm up since God knows when - don't I get cut some slack at all? :doh:
I've been up since 6.30am when my two year old decided to wake me up. Spent most of the day tidying up after his birthday party yesterday and will be back up at 6.30am to go to work. And i'm still up now just sorting out a few things before I go to bed.

HotSnot92

Southeren Ireland Regional Rep
well rob long time no see or here :doh: hows ur car going ???
if ur looking for a cheap gtir track car i know where their is 1 its red but needs a bit off tlc

G

GTI-R Kid

Ah Mr Snot - thanks for getting me out of bed this morning :doh:

Car is dead - isn't it always? :roll:

Tell me more about "needing a little tlc"? PM if you want?

Not really looking for a track car, more looking for a healthy engine and box for transplanting into our own.