Gutted... Car won't start (making a 'click click click' noise when key turned)

paz

SickBoy said:
Oh yeah i forgot that to ...........

Paz you Dumbass :lol: :lol: ;-)

Lee
:lol: feel the love, now I remember why I paid my £20 :lol: ;)

Dooie- good job I've got the oil burning daily transport which I can use then :lol: I've also got hold of another set of leads so should be able to do it properly tonight.

By the way, where did you get your micra battery from?

Paz

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
paz said:
I'll give the leads another go tonight, then if that doesn't work I'll go for either a new battery or decent jump start type battery pack.Paz
I bought a decent charger that can do fast charging and starting off the mains too. Its helped me get into work on a few occasions when my wife has left the house and in the frost my battery has drained just that bit too much to start it etc. Short journey's with lights, radio, windscreen wiper etc and the car regularily layed up don't help.

At times like that I was glad I spent the extra £20 rather than calling the RAC and waiting 2 hours or paying for a taxi.

A

ale

it could be a loose or bad conenection (terminals corroded)either on battery or starter motor! try getting someone with jump leads before bying a new battery.

J

justin666

ale said:
it could be a loose or bad conenection (terminals corroded)either on battery or starter motor! try getting someone with jump leads before bying a new battery.
ITS THE BATTERY :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Charge it or replace it and job done dude :thumbsup: Trust uncie Justin ;-) (and all the others that said "its the battery you dumbass" :lol: )

J.

O

Odin

Should do what I did and fit a proper big 940 amp hour battery in the boot :thumbsup: , I don't know why you didn't buy yourself one of those battery conditioner's :roll: , That way you can leave the battery connected all year round and it will stay in tip top condition when stood for long periods of time 8) :thumbsup: .

OH AND YOUR A DUMBASS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

J

justin666

You got any idea what the problem could be yet paz ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

J.

geoff pine

What size are the terminals are they the small japanese type or the larger uk type
as you will need this information.WHEN YOU BUY YOUR NEW BATTERY.:)

Mr GTiR

Hey have you checked that your turbo is not seized?

Cos if it is then it will make the click click click noise.........

paz

FPMSL - well, you're all wrong unfortunately - apparently my starter motor has broken loose of its mountings and is running around my engine bay at random hitting other components :( :doh:

(ok so its the battery you bunch of cnuts :lol: ;) )

So, now I need some tips on where to get a new battery. I know some of you run a Micra battery, is this big enough to crank the engine? I have the jap terminals, so guess I'll need an import Micra battery. Where did you all get yours?

Paz

Mr GTiR

If your changing your battery (at last you got the HINTS :lol: ) then now would be a good opportunity to up grade your battery.

I know people still run a Micra size battery but it does no harm to change to a bigger one. In Japan the batteries don’t need to cope with our harsh weather conditions so require less cranking power for them to start the car.

All I did in mine was order a battery off Pete and he supplied some nice new shinny bigger terminals.

paz

My mate works at halfrauds so I can get them trade, I'm happy with a micra one tbh as long as people haven't had any problems with them :)

paz

Mr GTiR

The only time when your going to notice it is when you start your car on a very cold morning/night.

Is your car normally garaged?