Gutted, but have to sell (for now anyway !)

c20ona

Hi guys,

It's been a long time since I've had the chance to check up on the old GTIROC. Unfortunately, it's not on a happy occassion.

Having to sell my beastie due to three main reasons -

1) - Never have the time to drive the thing (going on 2 yrs now !)

2) - Kid number 3 is here - joy !. ;)

3) - and the missus has written off the other bloody car !!!!!!!.

For anyone that doesn't know, it's a 'H' reg nutter with around 78k on the clock.
So looking for £4000.00 - and no offers I'm afraid. For anyone that knows me or the car, it's in great shape and has never seen a track or strip.

Spec wise (and from what I can remember) are :

Schnider 17inch wheels (the polished ones - rare)
Apexi Power FC (incl - Commander + FC Boost controller + Dalalogit kit - new)
Apexi cold feed induction kit (very rare + spare Blitz Sus filter too)
Q45 Maf
HKS plugs
HKS Timer
HKS de-limiter
HKS Downpipe + custom made exhaust
HKS fuel controller (kind of pointless now)
720cc SARD injectors (new)
SARD fuel regulator
Lumination Leads
PLX AFR Wideband kit + Custom made gauge and bung (boxed / new)
Rotor arm / dizzy cap etc (new)
Uprated fuel pump
Hi-Spec front and rear disc conversion + brand new brake pads
Clifford G4 500 (Cat 1) alarm
TO4E turbo (new/boxed)
Wastegate (new/boxed)
Braided turbo oil lines (new/boxed)
Screamer pipe (new/boxed)
Four branch manifold (new/boxed)
Snooper radar detector
Quickshift fitted (shorter ratio linkage)
Norris Designs stage 2 front mount intercooler (incl custom made rad so no chopping of the lower support etc)
Custom boost gauge pillar
Loads of poncy engine bits
Uprated interior (new seats, mats etc - fantastic condition !)
OS Genkin twin plate clutch (boxed)
Clutch support bracket fitted

+ There's no doubt tons more stuff but can't remember just now to be honest. I also have the original interior as well (mats, seats etc) which must go too.
I know I'm not really selling this too well but to be honest, I really don't want to. It's just that the missus really needs a new motor and with me never getting a chance to drive the Pulsar, then it's just a waste sitting out there.
The only problems with the car are that I've gone and snapped the rear exhaust bracket (I was going to fix but at the time, but decided I wanted a side exhaust, so never re-welded. Doesn't cause a problem though), and it needs a right good bloody wash !. I would recommend for anyone that does buy the car though that you change the oil too. When I last used it, I replaced the Dizzy, brake pads and all oils etc but it never got used soon after. So what's in there might not be worth a sook. Better off with new stuff.

So there you have it. And also, there is no tax and mot on the car for the obvious reason - I never used the thing. It's been SORN ever since. It'll pass absolutely no problemo though.

If anyone is interested, drop me a PM and we can chat. But please note, no test pilots and no lowering of the price. If I sell it, then fine. The missus gets another shitter to crash. If I don't sell it, then I get to keep my car until next year when I finally get the bonus I've been working my ass for. Either way, I'm very easy.

All the best though guys and glad to finally get a chance to have a gander over the forums again !, abeit the circumstances of course.

Regards

Kenny

P.S - Some pics of the car can be seen here : http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567545

stugtir300

i have my third child on the way at 27,she had the scan on wednesday,everything in the right place and goin strong,the pulsar is staying put,if anything goes it will be the wife first lol.

Garef

No way mate, gutted for you. Kenny you were on of the first R owners I ever met and spoke to about buying one, you won't remember it was about 5 years ago I guess, well I'm hoping it was you, always remembered your car cos of the strange splitter combo and the wheels, and I was sure you never had any kids back then, maybe it was 6 years, you've been a busy boy. Sorry to hear this mate, I hope by some chance you get to keep it.

O

Odin

Why not just buy a cheap run around ?, You can get some pretty nice second hand cars these days for as little as a grand.

Then just keep the Pulsar as a weekend toy.

I used to transport my eldest 3 daughters around in the back of my pulsar, Or we took both our cars at the time as we had a skyline as well lol.

Rob

c20ona

Alright guys,

I didn't want to sell the motor but month after month, year after year, I kept saying to myself, I'll get round to putting the motor back on the road and start using it. But 2 years on and it's still not turned a wheel (still got me 'bobley' bits on the tires !). So thought the best thing to do for now was sell her and let someone else look after it, but more so - USE IT !.
And in regards to other engine specs, apart from what listed above or what I've no doubt forgotten, nothing else has been touched. In other words, I never checked the block etc when I bought it to see what had been modified and I never put anything in so have to guess their all standard. Thing is, if you look after these motors, and set them up properly, then you don't need forged pistons and reinforced gearboxes. I've never had one hiccup with my motor in the 7+ years I've owned it. Hence me not fitting some of the new parts I bought. What was the point ?. Brilliant wee thing. It's just going to waste now unfortunately.
None the less, I'll still remain a member of the forms and no doubt, in the very near future, I'll end up buying another one. Because out of all the cars i've driven or owned, this has been by far the best, along with the club !.

And Garef, yeah I remember you mate. I used to be on the original gtir Yahoo (think it was Yahoo) chat forums along with the likes of Chris Mann, Martin Bell and Rob etc. Good days !.
No doubt though, if the car does not sell, I'll finally catch up with you slags again at the next event, nearer the end of the year. ;D

Cheers

Kenny

c20ona

Yeah, it's worth a few bob, that's for sure but just want to see it getting used (had it up for sale at xmas at £6k - for about a week, lol). Just needs someone to take it and clean it up / start using it again. I just don't have the time just now to be honest.

Thanks for the interest though guys.

Regards

Kenny