GTIROC Cadwell trackday

warpspeed

I had a great day today, was good to put some faces to names 8)
cheers to Bob and Johnsy for the passenger runs :thumbsup:it was a shame the crank seal went on my car after only 5 laps, especially as it had done 2500 miles since the rebuild with no problems :roll:
anway, cheers to Andy for organising it for us :thumbsup:

johnsy

Gtiroc trackday!

Well popped my trackday cherry today:thumbsup: im well and truly hooked, wot a track, wot a location truly stunning, some really nice machinery turned up, here's a few pic's

">

">

and to top it all off just before we went home Joey's missus managed to get some pics of this pile-o-shite

your welcome for the ride along scotty. next time ill try keep it on the track!

Last edited:

johnsy

someone thought my new paint work would look better covered in lasagne and chips! you know who you are

hope every one got home safe and sound, i had clutch issues on the way home put a dampner on my day fookin jap piece os shit

gtirjoey

Was a great day few nutters out on track but made for interesting spectating:doh:
good to meet you all anyway and all our cars survived which is always good;-)
heres a few pics of my car on track

Big thanks to Andy for sorting the day:thumbsup:

Dan all i can say is sorry guess im not made for being a passenger:doh:, got to say you took it pretty well i really am sorry;-)

P

pulsarboby

yep as above was a great day and thanks andy for organising it, was a pity that more never came to the day though!

as for the trackday company itself....well i can honestly say its the worst ive ever been with, it seemed way overbooked, too many cars on track in morning, 7 red flags in the morning session alone with long track closures, far too many numptys on track that should have been kicked off instead of spinning off all over the place.
you have to blame the trackday company for this as they should have had a far stricter attitude with regard to poor driving.
luckily enough the afternoon session was much better though as most of the numptys had crashed and broke their cars:lol:

was a pleasure to meet you all and take the majority of you out for a spin.
think it was 'pulsar lee' came out with me who had the most fun as i beat my best lap time round cadwell (in a pulsar) and there was one particular mr2 that was hassling people all day being a complete and utter cock:roll: who would not move out my way, so coming over the mountain i was hanging off his rear bumper intimidating the sh1t out of him which resulted in him crashing off at hall bends right in front of the main spectator stand:twisted::lol::lol:
me and lee were like dick dastardly and mutley both sniggering away as he was the biggest menace on the track up till that point.

hope you get your car sorted scott, was a real pleasure talking to you and im assuming you got back all ok!
dan....hope you enjoyed your first trackday, very nice car you have there il return pm later you sent as theres a few to get through.
oh and bob.....clare wants your little baby:lol:
joey...im pleased you had a good day too despite your little mishap with dans car, your just not cutout for being a passenger:lol:
hope ria enjoyed her laps in my car, she seemed a bit scared at the start but was fine after a bit....i think anyway lol

i have a couple of vids and pics but the videos not come out to well as the camera slipped in one and scott ended up catching it mid bend howzat8) and the other you can only see the track directly in front of car but you can get the jist of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

johnsy

Was a great day few nutters out on track but made for interesting spectating:doh:
good to meet you all anyway and all our cars survived which is always good;-)
heres a few pics of my car on track

Big thanks to Andy for sorting the day:thumbsup:

Dan all i can say is sorry guess im not made for being a passenger:doh:, got to say you took it pretty well i really am sorry;-)

its only a bit of body fluid lol, you made your best effort to get out the window, you did well especially with the harnesses on, and its not like i v never puked out off a mates window lol when you go you gotta go,

gtirjoey

cor thats a face im pulling there, looks like im falling asleep lol bloody sun was in my eyes!
my favorite car of the day had to be the mini, dont know why i usually hate them just seemed like a very well built car.
As for the two mr2s what a pair of cnuts! I remember seeing them both in my mirrors so i gave it everything round a bend then looked again one was off the track on the grass and the other was sideways loosing control behind me.
one day back at work has bought me back to shitty reality though need that lottery win so i can live a life of leisure:lol::lol:

Is it just my screen or have i failed with the picture posting once again:doh:

johnsy

lol i took the week off, im already planning my next trackday,

seen this on the trackday site : <TABLE class=calendar border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=light><TD>Thursday, 28 October </TD><TD>Cadwell Park Full circuit</TD><TD>Open Pitlane, 105 db</TD><TD class=price align=middle>£80.00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

VERY TEMPTING!

P

pulsarboby

nice pics :-D
any vids
pic of the gang u fookers look dodgy:lol::lol::lol::lol:

heres one of the vids although you cant see a lot other than cars being overtaken....go to 8 mins onwards as the first 8 mins is fooking about in pits waiting to go etc

bob the builder

was a good day all round. nice to meet a few new people,and to top it off no breakdowns.
me and the family had a good time,even got the misses to come for a passenger ride which she enjoyed.
big thanks to claire and ria for entertaining the boy, and bob tell claire we will send the boy down on the train for her.lol
my beast did ok after the rebuild.only a couple of minor issues. had to turn the boost down as the clutch couldnt handle it.
also need some slicks and some more front and rear camber adjustment.
big thanks to andy for sorting this out,was a big shame that more people didnt come.

P

pulsarboby

heres a pic of gtirjoys mrs putting on a brave face before going out, in all fairness though she was as good as gold in the car

nice vid bob :thumbsup:
fook ur car is quick :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

yeah its a pity i tieclipped the camera in upside down lol

car was running 1.2 boost as i wanted it to last the day, at 1.6bar shes absolutely balistic but my tyres were already through to the wire on outer edges (never told pulsar lee that till he got back though:lol:) so would have been foolhardy to push them even more

bob tell claire we will send the boy down on the train for her.lol
i best not bob, she goes all gaga when she sees a baby:lol: he was really good though and even had a smile on his face when i nicked his bestest toy:twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:

shroom

nice boots look like a sheep
bob do you get kicks out of scaring poor people shitless in your car, good on you :D

warpspeed

just made it back 5 mins ago, aa truck is about 3 hrs behind! :roll:
think i might just stick an sr in it, i have enough stuff to build a high-compression n/a engine that should produce about 220hp, i'd be happy with that as it's just meant to be my road car.
Really need to get the gti turbo back on the road and crack on with the pulsar.
Sorry to hear about you having clutch probs Dan (i thought your name was John! :doh:),thought you had them solved, what was wrong?
Justice was served on the impreza owner then! He tried coming past on my right side just before the gooseneck so i blocked him off and he started waving madly at me! :der: stuck two finger up at him and carried on :lol:

johnsy

just made it back 5 mins ago, aa truck is about 3 hrs behind! :roll:
think i might just stick an sr in it, i have enough stuff to build a high-compression n/a engine that should produce about 220hp, i'd be happy with that as it's just meant to be my road car.
Really need to get the gti turbo back on the road and crack on with the pulsar.
Sorry to hear about you having clutch probs Dan (i thought your name was John! :doh:),thought you had them solved, what was wrong?
Justice was served on the impreza owner then! He tried coming past on my right side just before the gooseneck so i blocked him off and he started waving madly at me! :der: stuck two finger up at him and carried on :lol:

Johns is my surname hence the johnsy nickname very original, bit stupid really i had it tattoed across my shoulders in old english when i was 17, now i dont play rugby anymore no one i know calls me it, nowadays its more like kung-fu-panda POO! or lajohnz that was summit to do with a snoop dog track or summit

i think my clutch issue is due to wear and tear , im hoping if i back the rod on the pedal off that will sort it out,orshorten the clutch slave rod,
you said it yourself im pretty harsh on it on the down change, hopefully get a few more mile out of it but it is due a new one, it was as i left the track it started slipping on boost ,but it got me home, i was fookedo the way home so i couldnt be arsed to pull over and adjust it, was a long day, but well worth it, that reall is a stunning track

Last edited: